Piqua, OH
Uploaded By: uppervalleyflyers Hole #15

Disappointed

1    6/23/2011   6/23/2011
Review By: esdubya
Other Thoughts: Armed with a recently purchased Buzzz and Force from MC Sports (I didn't bring my discs on my work trip) and fresh from a meeting I was really stoked to get a round in at a new course. My pre-round anticipation was high. This seemed to be the highest rated in the area.

The land here is nice for a course but there were so many missed opportunities out here that I left very disappointed with my experience.

First, the drives are almost all wide open and there tends to be holes where 95% is open then it's closed in around the putting green area. There are WAY too many holes like this and I'm really not a fan. I prefer more obstacles on the drive not just around the basket.

Second, the walks between the holes, wow.. Many of the walks from basket to tee are longer than the holes out there. It would be one thing if the long walk was to get through a bottleneck in the land or to setup a really cool hole, but many of the walks are just from lame hole to lame hole in a wide open area. WHY?

Third was most frustrating. There are many cool berms and OB areas around here that would make really cool putting greens. None of these are utilized in the design. Anytime you can put a basket on a side slope: do it!

OK, so there are two 'decent' holes and those are #4 (through the small tree stand) and that one with the lake on your left.

This course is a poor man's version of Lawrence Tech University. Not recommended. I would only play here if you are stuck in the area.

It's too bad the designer didn't steal some good ideas from other courses (like the college's namesake T. Edison did to other inventors). There is a 3.5 star course here with some major redesign.