Short But Semi-Sweet
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Nice variety of holes. The first two holes give players a chance to warm up before they head into the woods.
- The flow of the course is phenomenal. The course loops around back to the parking lot as you play through it. Course designers never need to post a course map if they don't want to, because every hole leads to the next without any direction needed.
- Ace runs galore, especially if you can throw straight every time.
- It's a beautiful setting for a disc golf course. You're right along the lake and can see it easily from the wooded holes.
- Having the camping facility nearby has to be a nice commodity.
- Scorecards are available at the start of the course.
Cons: - The wide open holes, while they provide a nice warm-up, are a little bland. Holes 2 and 9 are less than fun because there's nothing in front of you but the basket.
- Nearly every hole is very short. The only exception is hole 9, which is wide open. Holes 2 and 6 are both less than 200 feet.
- The tee pads, while nice, are pretty short. That's a con for a player like me, as I have a long wind-up before my delivery. I felt a little hindered by the pads at times.
- Like others have said, I was a little unnerved by the amount of people on the nearby trails. It would take a really bad throw to put them at risk if they stay on the trail, but things happen.
- The open holes are subject to windy conditions.
Other Thoughts: I have passed by this course several times while driving from Rochester to Sioux City, and I finally had enough time to stop and play it. I'm really glad I did. I will come back many more times in my travels to play.
I originally gave this course a 2.5 because of its length, but I decided to bump it up to a 3.0 because I enjoyed it so much. It might not be great for more advanced players, but for a recreational player like me, it's just what the doctor ordered.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
short but sweet
Pros: -Good for teaching beginners
-Overall on the short side but has variations in distance
-The middle holes are in the woods
-Campground near by
-Scorecards located in mailbox, nice looking too
-Maps on each hole
-Course looks good with nice mature trees and lake nearby
-Garbage near parking lot
-Good ace runs and lots of birdies
Cons: -Bike path a little too near
-A few holes are too open or too short, #2 especially
-Could lose a disc in the rough on the wooded holes
-People like to walk around on the wooded holes like they are trails
-Can be very windy on the open holes
Other Thoughts: Course is nothing spectacular but if you're passing by it wouldn't be a bad stop. If you're an advanced player you might want to pass it by. This course could maybe be expanded deeper into the woods for a harder 9 holes later.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 0 Not
Good Begginer Course.
Pros: -Concrete Tees
-Easy to spot Discatcher baskets
-Very good flow, easy to find next tee
-Course will teach basics to the beginner (hyzer, anhyzer, and straight shots)
-Mowed fairways and greens.
*New Signs with posted distances*
*New located at hole #1*
*=added to course since first review
Cons: -Hole #9 is a straight shot into the middle of a field with no trees. (I think this is to teach new players how to drive long without punishing them.)
-Fairways could be mowed wider in some locations.
-Concrete Tees are short for my tastes.
Other Thoughts: This is a good course to teach a new person the sport, and interesting enough to give a more advanced player to do if they live near.
Hole #8 is confusing for the first time with no signage. The basket is hidden behind tree on the left, however I threw at the basket I saw from the tee it ended up being #3's basket. I asked another person that I played with later and they said they did the same thing the first time.
I don't know if this was planned or not but hole #1 will have a steady headwind all day with no wind protection.
There is a bike trail running along the course, expect many passerby's to stop and watch you play at the newly installed course.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.