Unmarked tees cost this course
Pros: 1) 18 hole course on school grounds . .. how could that not be a positive for the sport and the people of the Westfield Area?
2) Baskets are numbered on the yellow band which helps navigations especially considering there are no tees. It took me 15 minutes to orient myself to figuring out where to start on #1 and how to get over to the other visible holes from the parking lot, without the #'s I would have had no idea.
3) Nice variety of holes here because of the elevation used, the open field shots and the tighter wooded shots. Distance variation is also pretty large.
4) Turf is in good condition for the most part. It's nice not to have to worry about footing although with no actual tees you can pick the best spot for your tee anyways.
Cons: 1) Discatcher chains are all messed up, apparently installed improperly because they are all twisted up.
2) A few of the holes seemed near impossible because of no real fairway like #4, #5, #10.
3) Course lacks all amenities but that is sort of expected for a school course. Worth mentioning but I am not taking away on the rating because of this.
Other Thoughts: All in all an average course, but without tees and without some clearing on a few holes to make actual fairways I wouldn't likely return too often.It is just a confusing and I do not know if I actually played the holes as they were intended in the design. It would be nice to have as a student at that school for sure and it is the only course within at least 25 miles in any direction.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.