Denver, NC
Uploaded By: MattTheMan575 Hole #1

Short but technical

2-4    5/15/2010   5/15/2010
Review By: jedwards
Pros: A decent variety of easy and challenging holes.
- Baskets - Being a fairly new course, the discatchers were all in excellent condition at the time of review. Most still have the plastic where the chains attach to the top of the basket.
- Tee Pads - "natural" = dirt. All are clearly marked with round ground markers along with the hole #.
- Tee Signs/Maps/Markers - No tee signs. There were no maps in the box at the first hole at the time I played the course. Each hole has ground markers as mentioned above.
- General Course Design - In general, the course was designed with great care to take advantage of the natural landscape. The fact that the fairways were left wooded brings a great technical aspect to this otherwise short course.
As mentioned in other reviews, the course is in a great area and the park is very clean and well-kept. The scenery is fantastic and so far there is no graffiti to speak of, which is a nice change.
Cons: No real deal-breaker cons to speak of. But there are a few things that some might find irritating:
- Several of the tee pads do not allow adequate space for any real footwork, not that it is needed for most holes but I found myself very aware of the lack of space to throw as I have come to expect from other area courses.
- No trash cans: I picked up a fair amount of trash the day I played -- 6 cans and 4 energy bar wrappers. I am not sure who these guys are that felt they needed 4 energy bars after the 175 ft third hole but I would like to meet them -- I thought I was in bad shape.
Other Thoughts: Again, a very nice park with great family amenities, although I do not agree with some of the other reviews that say the course is family friendly -- aside from holes 1 and maybe 8. The fairways are pretty tight for most of the other 8 holes, and I do not think a family would appreciate their technical aspect.
I appreciated the raised basket on hole 5 after the narrow tee shot over the pathway. Definitely a nice touch.
If I lived closer I would probably play this course as much as any other 9 holer in the area but I will probably not drive the 45 minutes it took to get there...UNLESS it goes to 18 holes as it has been rumored. I would be very interested to see what they could do in the space that they haven't done already.

Fun, Fun, Fun

2-4    1/3/2010   1/5/2010
Review By: bikinjack
Pros: The holes are short and interesting, a fun course to play through several times. We would have played a few more rounds, but ran out of time.

Fairways here, while mostly tight, some ridiculously so, are well defined.

The park is in a nice setting, with a nice playground and a boat landing, pretty scenery, right on the lake at a boat landing.

The course is easy to navigate. There are well defined paths to the next hole.
Cons: The tees are natural, and marked with small round white numbered markers, really not much of a con here as most of the holes don't require a run-up.

There is no signage, but there is a small sign with a box for course maps near the first tee. Again not really much of a con, because the holes are short, all of the baskets can be seen from the tee, and the course is easy to navigate.

The longest hole is 255 feet.

There are only 9 holes.

The nearest store is about two miles away.

Benches and trash cans are not to be found on the course, but not to sound redundant it's not a big deal.
Other Thoughts: This is a fun course, take a putter and a mid and have fun. If you're passing through, I highly recommend it. It's almost as good as I can imagine a 9 hole pitch and putt course being. I will stop and play this course every chance I get. i would give it a higher rating if it were 18 holes. This course will be the standard by which I judge short pitch and putt type courses.

Short but Good

1    8/30/2009   8/31/2009
Review By: MattTheMan575
Pros: Well designed; different shot types required; tight and technical with difficult doglegs; fun gaps to try; good trails from hole to hole; good location near the lake at a nice, new park
Cons: Very short; thick woods; no signs
Other Thoughts: Despite its short length, the course is still challenging. The heavy woods will make you pay for missed shots. You can easily play the course with a mid-range and a putter.