Poulsbo, WA
Fredericksen DGC Share
Uploaded By: Adam Schneider Hole #1 (Taken 8/2009)

A very enjoyable 18

1    11/14/2011   11/15/2011
Review By: b-mart
Pros: This is a very technical course. Most of the holes are short, but there's enough variation in hole length and enough trees to mess up your line that the distance is good. I almost want to call the longer holes a con just because you have to have a cannon that can throw a perfect line to get a birdie look, but they add to the enjoyment of the course because it keeps you from being lulled into a nice, easy par or birdie run. Every time I started to feel good about myself I'd hit a tree or a long hole. I like that challenge, so it's a pro.

The signage was ample, which made navigation very easy.

I also enjoyed how isolated the course was from everything. You could barely hear the traffic out in Poulsbo, and I didn't see another golfer on the course. This was probably due to the rain and the time of day.

One more thing I can't forget: They have benches scattered throughout the course, and every teepad has sign hangers.
Cons: There was one homemade basket that made the least pleasurable tone I've ever heard. It looked like they threw $5 worth of materials together and called it a target. It would have been better if they'd just used a pole on that hole until they could raise enough money to buy a new basket.

This course felt very lefty friendly. There were a few RHBH holes, but the majority were right turning holes... Including one that turned right incredibly hard shortly after the teepad. That's not a con. I just hadn't ever seen it before.

The teepads were difficult to distinguish. Some of them were marked by logs, but the majority were only found by looking for worn in areas somewhere in the vicinity of the tee sign.

The trash. Come on. I've figured out by now that far too many disc golfers have zero respect for the land that they're playing on, but it still pisses me off every time. So there aren't trash cans. It's a wilderness course. Pack it out. You had room for it full, so why can't you handle the weight when it's empty?

Other Thoughts: The first time I went here they had the whole thing shut down because of fire season.If it wasn't for all of the other great Kitsap area courses, I would have completely wasted a ferry trip. But Kitsap has some of the best courses in the state. I'm not sure why that is, but I love every course I've played over there so far. Maybe it's because they have land available that's bigger than the plot that North Park sits on? Regardless, the area is always worth the trip. I would easily put two of their courses in my top 5 courses played.

The hike back to the first tee really adds to the experience as well. The only thing I would change would be some extra signs on the teepads. At least give us an idea of the basket location and/or distance. You get lulled into a sense of security with the short/visible pins, and then hit a long hole. I like that as a setup, but for a first timer it gets irritating when you have to walk most of the way to the pin to figure out where it lies. Just laminate a picture with distances on it.

Frederickson DGC

5+    7/18/2011   7/19/2011
Review By: jedimasterbryan
This review was updated on 3/20/2012
Pros: -Well maintained course, you can tell they really keep up on the course.
-Good course layout, a lot of the holes aren't too terribly long, making it great for beginners or people working more on their mid-range game
-Good signage on where to go, I always knew where the next hole would be
-Its in a great location, not a whole lot of hustle and bustle in the area making it a very relaxing place to play
Cons: -The tees could use a little work, ideally i'd like to see some concrete tees put in, but even some gravel to clearly define the tee box would be useful
-Seeing a sign at the tee with a picture of the hole layout would be helpful, although with most of the holes pretty short its not vital
-Unfortunately, this course will probably be almost unplayable in WA's rainy weather due to all the mud and inclines
Other Thoughts: -I really enjoyed this course a lot. The layout was good, it's a great course for an entry level disc golfer, and its being upkept really well. I think this course has great potential and i will definitely be returning.
-A lot of the fairways are very narrow, and trees on the holes love to block shots, so for some thats a big downside. I think it adds to the challenge a bit and is only frustrating on a couple of holes.

5+    7/1/2010   7/3/2010
Review By: bigbmoney
Pros: Tons of potential. Lots of creative holes using valleys and uphills. Short course but still provides plenty of challenge for everybody.
Cons: Really need to make a decision on tee boxes. Level'em out and get gravel, concrete or something. Incredibly wooded but still being cleared.
Other Thoughts: Fun course. Lots of elevation changes and natural hazards. Keep an eye on this one cause its only gonna get better.