Tyler, TX
Lindsey Park - Gold Course Share
Uploaded By: hookem41 Hole #7 (Taken 6/2011)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   3 / 315ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #7 Mid-Fairway

Fun, Tough Course

1    4/19/2013   4/19/2013
Review By: hph04a
Pros: Well designed, signage for navigation, challenging but fair, beautiful surroundings, well maintained
Cons: Signage at each tee pad detailing the hole could be better
Other Thoughts: This is an awesome course. Very challenging but rewards good play. There's a seasonal creek that runs in and around many holes, but no large bodies of water. The dense foliage offers enough challenge without having to worry about that. This is a course worth traveling to play.

A Great Course

1    10/25/2012   10/25/2012
Review By: dbx820
Pros: Concrete Pads on every hole, most holes with Long and Short pads. Immaculately maintained with trash cans and benches at each hole, bridges all in good repair. An absolutely beautiful nature walk.
Cons: None, really. Too far from where I live in Dallas??? :-) Anyhoo, gonna make this a regular.
Other Thoughts: This course is difficult but not the monster it is made out to be. You definately need a strong arm and a finesse arm to be at your best. It is wooded, but not tighly so--Coyote in Cedar Hill is much more densley wooded than this. Errant shots are not a problem--not a lot of difficult underbrush for them to hide--but beware the creeks! There are stickers, but they are minimal as the grounds are very well maintained.

A great Course

1    7/18/2010   7/19/2010
Review By: redmanhmg
Pros: A really great course. It took everything I had to make it through with my dignity. I think I hit every tree in the park and some across the street as well. The most best park yet. It will test you physically, and mentally. It is way above my skill level but I had a really great time playing the course. I don't have a 200ft straight shot , which would be a great asset at this park. The corridors are very small. If you live close you owe it to yourself to make it out there and play it.
Cons: Nothing really bad to say about the course just a couple of signs were down to find the next hole.
Other Thoughts: even though it is in the shade take plenty of water, it is still hot out there right now. good luck, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Road Trip dog

1    4/2/2010   4/10/2010
Review By: JeffThroW
This review was updated on 5/11/2010
Pros: Complex,trees are daunting,very tight lines thru heavily wooded fairways, Comparable to Gateways more difficult holes and Mohawk(Blackhawk) in Tulsas holes if you added some elevation.This is one of the top three Hardest courses i've ever played.Don't get me wrong though there are plenty of birdie opportunities here to be had when the placements are in the short.In other words you better bird the shorty holes here.Gotta love that Pine and sand.
Cons: Showed up without proper rest and tried to play all three courses in a day.Bring extra brewskies its dry out there.I was rolling an extreme amount of times,don't get me wrong i only put it in the cons box due to the fact that they didn't work so well,it felt like it was the only safe throw.
Other Thoughts: Lyndsey Park alone is now a genuine full day excursion.Heard a seven over is the best round recorded here so far.....ouch.

dogwood

5+    1/23/2010   1/24/2010
Review By: pimpcapnc
Pros: lets see i rate in my top 5 favorite courses just because of the difficulty and how it makes me play harder than other courses. be prepared to use shots that you usually wouldnt use because you will need it all. first time or two can be rough
Cons: i HATE hole number three tee box!!!! i like the old tee box better. other than that its great

Tylers got a gem, and it's harder than diamonds.

1    12/22/2009   12/22/2009
Review By: NDABRUSH
This review was updated on 12/26/2013
Pros: All wooded, technical and long. I have never seen so many 550 and 600 ft. wooded holes before. I don't know how long this course is. If I had to guess I would say around 7000 Ft.!! Easy to navigate... easy to navigate in Tyler? Yes!!!! Thanks to Chalos13 for all of the navigational tips, but they are no longer needed. There are next tee arrows that you can't miss. New tee signs and concrete Tee pads. It appears that the local Tyler group knows what they have here and pay a lot more attention to having this course traveler or 1st timer ready. The course was not busy today on a overcast day with the temperature a smooth 67 degrees. A father and son playing the blue course helped me find the 1st tee and told me that this course is really hard and said that they gave up on hole 6 and told me good luck as if I was about to go into battle. I soon found out why. This course will challenge even pro level players and rec players like me will be happy to par a few of them. The fairways are well defined(The time of the season may have contributed to this).Only time will tell if it will continue to be well maintained and have well defined fairways once all of the leaves return. A creek comes into play on several holes with the baskets close to many of them. Tricky but not unfair landing zones. There are many semi straight shots that are long with multiple routs to many, which adds difficulty and options to them. Watch out on hole 7. The basket has a creek around the back of it, but discs were retrievable today. Extremely secluded. The only time that I heard traffic was by hole 13s basket. Don't worry, you go right back into the woods for 14 and soon can't hear anymore signs of civilization. Just like a brand new shiny toy waiting to be played with. This is a wooded golfers must play. It is by far better than the blue and red courses unless you don't like heavily wooded courses. Plenty of trash cans and benches to rest, and you will need it unless you are in great shape. The shot selection is what stood out to me more than the pin placements, which were not bad themselves. 54 holes in 1 spot. Plan a day at Lindsey, but play the gold 1st as it is longer and more of a workout than the other 2. Another fun ass Tyler course, unless the difficulty ruins it for you.
Cons: Not beginner friendly. No open bomber shots or across the water shots(except for the creek shots). Can't think of any more, if I do I will update my review.
Other Thoughts: hole 1 takes you into the woods and 18 brings you out, the rest are in the woods.