5 Helpful / 0 Not
Wide Open . . . . good distance variety at least
Pros: 1) This course has a nice variety in hole lengths ranging from 190-380.
2) Nice new baskets in awesome shape and very visible..
3) Tee signs have hole distances listed and concrete bricks mark your teeing area.
4) Turf is in very good shape and not real weedy so if you wanted to play barefoot you could probably play the whole course.
5) Mulch around baskets can be a positive and a negative, but I feel it is better to have mulch than let the basket areas wear down to dirt.
6) Very beginner friendly in fact it would be a great place to practice your new driving technique. It is wide open so you will learn how the disc flies no matter how you throw it.
Cons: 1) Despite a variety in hole length ranging from 190-380 . . . all the holes are wide open, so it is all about how much distance you can throw versus executing certain shots.
2) Only 1 tree really in play on hole #3. I would love to see some trees planted to give this course some obstacles.
3) Grass tees will eventually wear down to dirt if anyone ever plays the course.
4) Layout is back and forth a couple fields, but then is goofy on Hole #7, 8, 9.
#7 plays straight out, then walk back to #8 tee play staight back along #7, then walk back to 9 tee and finish on the complete opposite side of the campus from where you begin.
5) Elevation changes are only moderate so it really doesn;'t affect the course at all.
Other Thoughts: This is just another wide open course. No obstacles to speak of, but get up and rip your drives to try and get dueces on the first 3 holes, but then the holes get shorter and you can throw mid ranges and putters to try for your dueces.
I think it is private and I think they may want to keep this course quiet, but overall there isn't much reason to go play this course unless they add some trees or other obstacles. It is just another course with 9 tees and 9 baskets and the shortest distance between those points is a straight line . . . and guess what . . . you can throw on a straight line to every one of the baskets.
The only reason I played this course is because I was with my wife and I knew it was wide open and she would be ok with that. You can tell when you drive up what you are in for as all baskets are visible. It also was another way for me to add a course to the site and get another first review done (9 total now).
Not worth a trip to go play unless you are trying to get some thumbs up or add another course to your total. I recommend any of the Manitowoc, Sheboygan courses over this one!
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.