Sanford, MI
The Jungle Share
Uploaded By: Dark Strangely Hole #1 (Taken 9/2009)

"the jungle"

1    7/6/2011   7/6/2011
Review By: SAxDrc
Pros: -set in a nice park
-great tee pads, baskets, and signs
-well maintained
-trash can on every hole
-great variation in hole length
-easy to navigate
Cons: -way too many RHFH drives. probably 90% of the holes go to the right.
-most shots don't fit how a disc could possibly fly. It's ridiculous to lay up 100' down the "fairway", make a 90 degree turn and then throw 300 more feet to the basket.
-there is one hole (8 maybe?) that the tee pad is aimed straight at some trees not 5 feet in front of it. I had to use the far left side of the pad to have a look at the fairway.
-the course plays around a beautiful lake. but there is not a single hole that makes use of it. I kept waiting and looking forward to throwing near/over the lake but it never happened.
-Ive heard this course has some horrible drainage problems, like the entire thing could be underwater, but it was dry when I played so I did'nt consider it a con in my rating.
-VERY difficult. I'd rather a course where I know what I need to throw and it's just a matter of doing it. At this course I have no idea how to make the disc do the things that are required. It's either throw and pray or throw four 100' lay ups to navigate an impossible fairway.
Other Thoughts: $6 to get into the park. not sure if its a pro or con. keeps out the people that I hate at free courses yet costs me 6 bucks...

I never thought that being too difficult would be a con.

not that much of a jungle really

1    7/9/2010   7/10/2010
Review By: Innovadude
Pros: Great park well maintained and new. Cement tees, signs, map, bathrooms, parking etc etc
Minimal ivy and rough, nice sandy pine forest with ferns.
Now not every hole is that bad, half are pretty decent with a couple very nice holes.
Cons: - Poor design (this is an opinion site), majority of the holes seem randomly tossed in without a care to a fairway. A few holes leave you just throwing into trees hoping for the best but knowing it's not up to you but luck. Several super-sharp turns that don't fit how discs fly as far as I've ever seen. Mainly, a most of the medium-length holes that could be reached by the average golfer cannot be parked due to having no flight line. I feel ridiculous laying up 150ft. off the tee on a 300ft. hole!

Cleary gets very wet/flooded sometimes on the first few holes.
Other Thoughts: With some heavy re-design it could reach '4' stars but the overall layout cuts out 1 star.

Very Hard Course

1    5/12/2010   5/13/2010
Review By: ChipFan7
Pros: Extremely difficult through dense woods, nice mix of long and short holes, perfect concrete tee pads, each tee has signage and hole description, pretty land and lake views, trails between holes so you don't get lost, trash cans at many tees, benches throughout, park location so there are other things to do like swim, picnic, etc.
Cons: HORRIBLE drainage making for tough navigation, costs $5 per vehicle to enter the park.
Other Thoughts: This course has potential to rate 4.5 stars! However, there was atleast one 10-foot wide mud puddle ranging from 1-2 feet deep on the fairway of EVERY hole! I understand that this is Michigan, and we are in a soggy season, but the amount of standing water on the fairways is ridiculous! Many courses have a few holes with drainage issues, but every hole in my opinion is not acceptable. However, the course has a great variety of length and doglegs, and a very hard "S" curve hole, so I couldn't in good taste give it less than a 3 rating. This course is also new, so maybe they are planning on fixing some of the drainage issues later this summer. Overall, this course will challenge you and I will come back again as long as it is not underwater.