Sanford, MI
The Jungle Share
Uploaded By: catiadude69 Hole #16 (Taken 9/2009)

1 2 Next >
 Muddy but fun.

1    5/14/2010   5/15/2010
Review By: MGregg85
Pros: Very clean with good signs and tee pads
Not a lot of traffic, no waiting to throw
No real thick brush to eat your discs
Lots of variety requiring well placed hyzer and anhyzer shots.
Cons: A lot of water. One hole, i'm pretty sure it was #3 , had it's tee pad completely surrounded by water. Most holes had some kind of drainage issue, one had a small stream(~2 feet wide) running through it. At one point we had to cross a mud hole by balancing on logs that traversed it.

The transition from hole 16 to 17 is a little confusing, I would recommend printing off a course map before your first time playing this one.
Other Thoughts: I really liked this course, it was challenging but fun. Once it gets warmer I think a lot of the med holes and ponds will dry up. Until then bring your boots.

Very Hard Course

1    5/12/2010   5/13/2010
Review By: ChipFan7
Pros: Extremely difficult through dense woods, nice mix of long and short holes, perfect concrete tee pads, each tee has signage and hole description, pretty land and lake views, trails between holes so you don't get lost, trash cans at many tees, benches throughout, park location so there are other things to do like swim, picnic, etc.
Cons: HORRIBLE drainage making for tough navigation, costs $5 per vehicle to enter the park.
Other Thoughts: This course has potential to rate 4.5 stars! However, there was atleast one 10-foot wide mud puddle ranging from 1-2 feet deep on the fairway of EVERY hole! I understand that this is Michigan, and we are in a soggy season, but the amount of standing water on the fairways is ridiculous! Many courses have a few holes with drainage issues, but every hole in my opinion is not acceptable. However, the course has a great variety of length and doglegs, and a very hard "S" curve hole, so I couldn't in good taste give it less than a 3 rating. This course is also new, so maybe they are planning on fixing some of the drainage issues later this summer. Overall, this course will challenge you and I will come back again as long as it is not underwater.

Worth the Wait

5+    3/25/2010   3/25/2010
Review By: -johnbob
Pros: Great course design! Different levels of difficulty, a few hill shots, one of the craziest snake shots I ever saw, and I love having a practice basket. This course is kept very clean. You can tell a lot went into designing this course.
Cons: First time I played this course I got lost, arrow signs would be nice.
Other Thoughts: When I first heard rumors of this park I couldn't wait. I got to play it once before it was finished, and once right at the end of the year last year. I see that they made a few changes to basket locations. It was definitely worth the wait and will likely become my most played course.

Played in January

1    1/25/2010   1/26/2010
Review By: Oldstump
This review was updated on 1/28/2010
Pros: I'm new to dg having started in Sept. 09 and drove a little more than an hour to the Jungle to get out of even deeper snow. Surprised pleasantly to see the first tee pad cleaned of snow as were all 18 pads. Even in winter it was relatively easy to follow the flow of the course. I think I looked a bit at 2 transition areas to find the next tree. Played the entire 18 in an hour.

Nice signage at each hole with fairway mapping on each sign. Rest benches are located in many areas.
Cons: Trees.. Tree.. Pretty typical of many Mi. courses. Again it was winter so the experience is what it is but not really much to knock.
Other Thoughts: It's easy to see some good though was put into the layout and hardware here. Also easy to see that this course is new as there are major trees here and very little scarring from disc strikes.

2-4    3/31/2010   11/10/2009
Review By: fleeulrich
This review was updated on 4/1/2010
Pros: Very beautiful course!!! I loved the way the holes were set up. Trash cans were available at almost every tee. Navigation through the course was easy. I love the fact that this course has 7 holes with a par of at least 4.
Cons: To be honest I didn't really see anything I didnt like. Almost every hole, there is a possibility of having your disc land in some heavy trees. This course will challenge you to throw many different kinds of shots.
Other Thoughts: Very good signs, with distance, map, and par. Concrete pads at every hole, and every basket has a bright sticker on top, which I thought came in handy when looking for the basket on a number of holes.

Well I designed it so I am biased

5+    9/13/2009   9/19/2009
Review By: Dark Strangely
This review was updated on 7/7/2011
Pros: Beautiful piece of property. Will test various parts of your game. On some holes judgement of landing zones is critical. On some holes you must stay controled and excecute. Dont get me wrong all the holes arent tough but even then you have to excecute. Shooting a Pro Par 54 is truly a good round and I have yet to hear about anyone shooting a 54 on this course yet. To all who claim its too hard ... think outside of the box ... you have to be creative to score well ... watch ball golf on TV ... the tough courses require control and creativity .. the easy courses end up 20 down as the winning score at the end of the weekend ... Yawn
Cons: The land prevents any grip and rip drives. This not a con to me since I cant grip and rip but I do know some will not like this. I would have liked to see a few less trees removed around a couple of baskets. Some have complained the course is too tough. Yes its tough but I think so many players have bought into the idea that you should have a chance at birdie on all holes and that a 3 should be the norm.. in ball golf Par for non scratch players is not the norm.
Other Thoughts: The Parks Dept is solidly behind this course and have spent alot of time, and money in it development. They look at "The Jungle" as a work in progress and will continue to improve the course. We will be fixing hole 9, the hole ended up tougher than planned and will be opening up the fairway to make it fairer.

1 2 Next >