Greencastle, IN
Big Walnut Sports Park Share
Uploaded By: Matthew boals Hole #8

2-4    10/11/2015   10/12/2015
Review By: bradtollefson
Pros: Concrete pads, easy to find next whole, mix of woods and open. The woods is very attractive, cool and peaceful (until you start whacking trees). They did a great job with the concrete pads and loved the little walkways for those tee's close to the walking path.
Cons: Maps don't always reflect where you are throwing.
You can't always see the basket so a lot of guess work or running out to see where you should throw.
Other Thoughts: This course is a mix of extremes: either you are completely in the open with really long holes (which since we only throw 150-200 feet makes for a bit of drudgery) or you are on short holes in the woods with no obvious fairway to the basket. On many of the wooded holes you have to throw short to hit a spot where your next throw is 90 degrees to the side. Some might enjoy the challenge. I thought take out a few more trees and give us at least one path even it's tight.

G-castle Sport Park

2-4    9/14/2009   9/14/2009
Review By: crawdad62
Pros: If you're a bomber this is your course. For the most part it's wide open and long. Big throwers will be elated. If your driving isn't up to snuff you might find it intimidating. #3 & 4 are >500 par 4's. You either throw big or your short game is stellar.
Cons: Course could've been laid out a bit better. Hopefully that'll be taken care of with 9 more holes! Signage is a bit convoluted too. I'd like to see signs that point to the hole in play but as of now there's just a sign at the tee box which maybe pointing at the target..... or maybe not.
Other Thoughts: The wooded holes are sort of added on. #2 is absolutely none-aceable (at least with leaves on). #9 is okay (reminds me of some of the back 9 at Avon) but is extremely challenging. Most of what I've written seems somewhat critical and that's certainly not the case. I'm extremely pleased that we've got this course. Hopefully it'll go over and we can add to make it 18 in the future. I will say from what I've gathered the park director is open to suggestion and that is a good thing.