Greencastle, IN
Uploaded By: mrdilligaf Hole #4

G-castle Sport Park

2-4    9/14/2009   9/14/2009
Review By: crawdad62
Pros: If you're a bomber this is your course. For the most part it's wide open and long. Big throwers will be elated. If your driving isn't up to snuff you might find it intimidating. #3 & 4 are >500 par 4's. You either throw big or your short game is stellar.
Cons: Course could've been laid out a bit better. Hopefully that'll be taken care of with 9 more holes! Signage is a bit convoluted too. I'd like to see signs that point to the hole in play but as of now there's just a sign at the tee box which maybe pointing at the target..... or maybe not.
Other Thoughts: The wooded holes are sort of added on. #2 is absolutely none-aceable (at least with leaves on). #9 is okay (reminds me of some of the back 9 at Avon) but is extremely challenging. Most of what I've written seems somewhat critical and that's certainly not the case. I'm extremely pleased that we've got this course. Hopefully it'll go over and we can add to make it 18 in the future. I will say from what I've gathered the park director is open to suggestion and that is a good thing.