Houston, TX
Memorial DGC Share
Uploaded By: ERicJ Hole #1 (Taken 10/2009)
Hole #1 Long/Green Tee: Basket is around the building on the left

Nice 6 hole course

1    11/7/2014   11/7/2014
Review By: Hockeydoc2112
Pros: Beautiful trees adorn this small course adjacent to a church and school.
Nice tee markers (with alternates) and sturdy baskets in place
Quiet, private feel and nice flow
Cons: All holes were under 275 feet but with very nice tree usage.
Hole one put many school windows at great risk!
Other Thoughts: For the amount of space to work with, this is a very well designed course in a very pretty area. I highly recommend it for beginners or those who just want to practice upshots/putts.

Heavenly 6 Holer

1    2/6/2011   2/6/2011
Pros: 1) Short quick play can be done with 1 round in 15 minutes alone.

2) Beginner friendly but not boring and wide open. These are the types of courses I would be hooked on if I was new to the game because they challenge you to execute shots even though they are short enought o allow you to get some birdies on occassion.

3) Dual tees which is a nice feature on a tiny little course like this.

4) Two posts mark tees both long and short tees and are numbered to help with navigation. Hole # and distance are listed ont he post.

5) Practice Basket is a welcome thing even on a short little course like this.

6) 2 holes are in the dense woods and really create some ticht technical shots, while 4 holes are what I consider to be "park like". They are played on a turfed fairways but they have large mature trees as obstacles too.

7) This is a fun course and you can technically play 12 different holes in one stop if you play both sets of tees.

8) Riser pole on top of these baskets are helpful with the number plate. They are homemade but still do the job.

9) Good design on a small property incorporating some variety. I am sure the church had the intent of having recreation for the people in the church and that was accomplished. I am curious what changed about the course from its original design, because as it is right now they did a great job with the design and implementation of the course.
Cons: 1) In-step baskets will deteriorate quickly due to their manufacturing and that they should not be left out all of the time. The seem ok now, but I would imagine it won't take long for them to begin peeling and rusting.

2) Hole distances do not allow for much distance throws. It is a tiny property I know, but it would have been nice to have one more open longer hole.

3) The area where the underbrush was recently cleared could use some levelling. W eplayed the day after some recent rains and there were puddles all over. A little drain tile or at least some grading of wood chips could make the course much easier to play through this area.

4) It is only 6 holes, no room for more holes at all, this is a packed as they could put it in. This is a negative but it does not lose points because of this in my opinion.

5) No aces were hit and this was part of the reason we chose this course as one of our stops. It was short and it game my wife a chance to make some runs, but noone hit any. Again no points docked for this con!

6) Literally no elevation change on the entire course.

7) The risk of hitting the building on the first shot creates a poor design characteristic. I mean how many beginners throw short and left (right where the building is). I like it because I have control but it is not a good hole for beginners or the wall/windows of the church.

8) Natural tees were actually in pretty good shape. . . probably because noone plays this course. They will wear out over time though so this is a negative.
Other Thoughts: I really liked this course, it isn't a championship course but not all courses need to be. It is fun to play and actually has a decent amount of challenge for such a small course. I truly do not really dock a course points because it is fewer than 9 or 18 holes while some do. it is a negative but I cannot take points away from it because of that reason, so my rating may seem higher than others because of that.