Oklahoma City, OK
Dolese Youth Park Share
Uploaded By: Fraser Hole #1 (Taken 8/2013)

I LOVE THIS COURSE!

5+    10/12/2010   10/12/2010
Review By: sweettone1221
Pros: Ok, so I am definitely a beginner but I must say, I love this course. We have been playing on it almost daily since our first round there. The hole variations are my favorite. As I said, I am new but my husband is a fanatic and we both have quite a few discs. After playing this course over and over, I am starting to get a good grasp of what discs and throwing styles I need to use for certain layouts. I feel that it is well maintained, there are benches at every hole, and the layout is very fluid. It is extremely easy to find the next hole and there isn't a lot of walking between them. There are also tons of well definied small paths through the rough/wooded areas which definitely come in handy for a newbie who ends up in the brush a lot!
Cons: They could use more trash cans but, ultimately, I have no complaints!
Other Thoughts: Holes 4 and 5 are my favorite but "The Monster" is a bit out of my league. Still, I love this course.

Dolese

5+    8/24/2010   8/25/2010
Review By: Brinks
Pros: Love this course!! One of my favorites. Lots of trees. The baskets are in good shape and are placed in one of two positions, "longs" and "shorts". Most of the "longs" are in the trees and most of the "shorts" will be in the open. There are lots of benches as well as trash barrels (please use the trash barrels). Great course for day and night play.
Cons: Lots of traffic during peak weather days! This is a youth park and sometimes when the weather is nice people will walk out in the middle of the fairway (not often, but known to happen).

Arcadia (B) is only other in 50 miles

5+    8/1/2010   8/4/2010
Review By: OKC444
This review was updated on 8/14/2010
Pros: Heavily wooded, expertly laid out to maximize the terrain, multiple pin placements to allow for challenge and change... there are so many nice little touches present here (already noted in other reviews) that I could regurgitate but you've heard all that. But thing is... no other local disc course can tout half as many. This is by far the best OKC has to offer... and in the Metropolitan area you won't find another FREE course that's this good.
Cons: Summer time can bring out the bugs due to the courses proximity to Dolese Pond so bring some bug spray. Local youth have in the past utilized the park as a late night hangout and it has pushed the park authorities to remove many of the benches/tables/trashcans from the wooded areas. :(
Other Thoughts: I may eat my words one day after having played "80 courses in 10 states"... which I clearly haven't and others clearly have... but I say with no reservations that this course is underrated and is the most technical and challenging course short of Arcadia (Blue) within 50 miles. To the naysayer Pros who think it's too easy... it's a YOUTH PARK. I stand by my rating.