Waterport, NY
Shore Winds DGC - White Course Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #1 (Taken 10/2009)
Hole #1 Red Tee

WINDY!!

1    10/20/2010   10/21/2010
Review By: Chiefstang
Pros: In one word: Beautiful! The course is well laid out, with a bit of everything. Some mowed fairways, some tight woods shots, and wide open shots on the shores of lake Ontario. The course is easy to navigate, with 4' white markers at each tee pad with the corresponding hole number. We got to play it on a great autumn day in upstate, NY and it was just breathtaking. Worth the drive from Rochester.
Cons: WIND!! Oh my god, the course name is very accurate. I'm all for a little wind, but we must have gone on a bad day. Five foot putts would lift immediately and carry twenty feet away. Used my midrange as my putter after going back an forth a few times on one. My only other gripe is with the "marked" pars. On a calmer day, a novice could crush the 400 ft. "par 5's" that litter the course. If the wind is down, this course would make an excellent confidence booster. Playing it as all 3's would be more realistic.
Other Thoughts: I had to drive 45 minutes from Rochester to play this one, and it's likely about the same from Buffalo. Absolutely worth the trip. It sits next to a campground on the lake, and we're already talking about a trip for the weekend next summer. I would like a few more cracks at redemption as the wind beat my butt on my first try. Can't wait to play this one again!

Gem on the Lake

1    5/28/2010   5/28/2010
Review By: BeauRoch
Pros: Mowed Fairways
Stunning views from holes on Back-9
Good mixture of wooded and open holes.
Great test for AMs
Cons: May be too easy for most Pros.
Other Thoughts: This course really took me by surprise. A very pleasant surprise. You get a little bit of everything here but the views from the last five holes are tremendous and worth the drive. I equate it to the disc golf equivalent of Pebble Beach.