Waterport, NY
Shore Winds DGC - White Course Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #18 (Taken 11/2009)
Hole #18 Red Tee

Bring lunch and make a day of it.

5+    3/11/2012   9/17/2011
Review By: lcra0825
This review was updated on 6/19/2015
Pros: - scorecards with map available at kiosk at the start of course. scorecards also point out out of bounds for the course
- bathrooms available in good location
- open all year round
- all three tees (blue, white, red) are clearly marked
- very scenic course
- pretty good flow of course with most tees pretty close to basket (except transition from 9-10)
- strategic placements of out of bounds to add challenge to course
- pretty even mix of holes that go to the right, left and straight and narrow.
- another great course right there. this course starts by the westernmost part of the parking lot.
- the park station holds discs in the welcome center if they find them. They will call you if your name and number is on them or just check in occasionally and see if your discs are there.
- no one is ever there. there are picnic tables but I never see anyone. (well maybe one or two) It seems the whole park is dedicated to disc golf.
- I played today 6/19 and there are now detailed signs and concrete tee pads have been installed for the white tees . It looks like work has started for concrete tee pads to be installed for the blue tees as well
- no signs pointing to the next hole. most holes are straightforward but signs would help on some of them.
- the two course intertwine with each other on the back nine and could be confusing as to which course you are playing on. (I haven't had that problem yet but I could see it happening)
- lots of heavy brush to lose discs on. (my friend lost three today)
Other Thoughts: There are some wooded holes but they are not that good, but it does add more variety to the course. The pars are generous which can be good for newcomers. Some of the more experienced players just play all par 3's. I am not one of them.I will post that when I find out. Overall great course and even better with another course right there. There are grills on site so bring lunch and make a day of it.

Update 3/11/2012

1    10/20/2010   10/21/2010
Review By: Chiefstang
Pros: In one word: Beautiful! The course is well laid out, with a bit of everything. Some mowed fairways, some tight woods shots, and wide open shots on the shores of lake Ontario. The course is easy to navigate, with 4' white markers at each tee pad with the corresponding hole number. We got to play it on a great autumn day in upstate, NY and it was just breathtaking. Worth the drive from Rochester.
Cons: WIND!! Oh my god, the course name is very accurate. I'm all for a little wind, but we must have gone on a bad day. Five foot putts would lift immediately and carry twenty feet away. Used my midrange as my putter after going back an forth a few times on one. My only other gripe is with the "marked" pars. On a calmer day, a novice could crush the 400 ft. "par 5's" that litter the course. If the wind is down, this course would make an excellent confidence booster. Playing it as all 3's would be more realistic.
Other Thoughts: I had to drive 45 minutes from Rochester to play this one, and it's likely about the same from Buffalo. Absolutely worth the trip. It sits next to a campground on the lake, and we're already talking about a trip for the weekend next summer. I would like a few more cracks at redemption as the wind beat my butt on my first try. Can't wait to play this one again!

Gem on the Lake

1    5/28/2010   5/28/2010
Review By: BeauRoch
Pros: Mowed Fairways
Stunning views from holes on Back-9
Good mixture of wooded and open holes.
Great test for AMs
Cons: May be too easy for most Pros.
Other Thoughts: This course really took me by surprise. A very pleasant surprise. You get a little bit of everything here but the views from the last five holes are tremendous and worth the drive. I equate it to the disc golf equivalent of Pebble Beach.