3 Helpful / 0 Not
Decent, Quick Course
Pros: This is a great course for beginners or for a quick game. The holes are fairly short, but offer some good challenges (i.e. dog legs, trees, elevated baskets, and downhill fairways). There is very little brush, so when I have to go dig out my disc I'm not fighting my way through vines.
Cons: The course is all the way on the backside of the park and the signage is limited.
Hole #2 is always muddy and wet.
Other Thoughts: The park has plenty of room for this course to be expanded into 18 holes, and could probably hold a second course like Rotary Park in Huntington.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Quaint course in city park.
Pros: - Easy to navigate signage, both to the start of the course itself and from one hole to the next.
- Decent variety for such a compact course, with elevation changes, multiple shot shapes, and tight technical approaches through the trees.
- Minimal congestion, usually having the course to yourself.
Cons: - Course is relatively short and probably not much of a challenge for advanced players.
- Hole signage doesn't reflect distance or hole layout.
- At only nine holes with only one alternate tee, the course can get pretty repetitive.
- Old archery target on Hole 2 in middle of the fairway, despite adding "character," is pretty annoying.
Other Thoughts: Living in Hurricane and working in Charleston, Little Creek is probably my "home course." Though it leaves a lot to be desired for more advanced players, I think it's great that the city has invested the time, money, and space into developing this course for the community. It's a great place to learn the game, and it's a fairly convenient location from anyone visiting the general Charleston area. If you're swinging through and looking for a quick round, it's definitely worth playing, but in all honesty is probably not worth a dedicated trip by itself.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.