South Charleston, WV
Little Creek Park Share
Uploaded By: JMONEY Hole #2 (Taken 3/2011)

Good variety in 9

5+    6/1/2013   6/22/2013
Review By: Ceej1978
Pros: This is a nice little 9 hole that has a variety of elevation changes and turns. It's great for rec. or beginner players to improve and a nice quick course for intermediate and better players. It is located at the Little Creek City Park in South Charleston so any navigation should be able to find it. There are plenty of things to do at the park so for people that travel to play you can make a day of it.

There are plenty of woods to throw through to give the holes a bit of a challenge. There are several good elevation changes.
Cons: They could easily turn this into a full 18 holes. There aren't any alternate tees for a "back 9".
Other Thoughts: Overall this is a nice little par 3 course. I have played it more than 20 times and will continue to. I consider it my second home course and would recommend it to anyone. If you are coming to Charleston you should definitely stop and play a quick 9.

Unexpected fun stop in Charleston, WV

2-4    3/30/2013   4/4/2013
Review By: sisyphus
This review was updated on 2/24/2014
Pros: EDIT 2/24/14: Wow! Just saw the new 18 hole map, so this review is now outdated. First, they listed alternate tees on most of the original 9 holes, which added a great deal of variety, not just length, to over half the holes. That surely made this a much more interesting & challenging course. I hope someone swings by early in the spring for some new pics! Not sure when I'll get back through WV, but am looking forward to checking out all the NEW!
FYI: Old hole 5 is now 8, old 6 is now 10, old 7 is now 11, old 8 is now 11, and old 9 is now 15.

Little Creek Park is a surprisingly fun 9 hole course in a diverse & popular community park featuring the expected WV hills. From its mulched tee boxes to the nice Innova Discatchers, you won't encounter much in the way of distance, but the Rec to Intermediate player will be challenged by tight lines & elevations. There are durable tee signs and next tee markers throughout, as the course skirts its way around the access road at the top of the hills.

This park has a lot of activities for the whole family, from playgrounds & ball fields to really nice shelters with bathrooms. There weren't any trash bins or benches ON the course, but you do pass near about three of the shelters where these amenities are available.
Cons: The drive up can feel treacherous to us flatlanders, as the pavement is raised, twisty, and one lane narrow. Also, getting to the park entails an unexpected amount of traffic from the MacCorkle road exit off of I-64.

There isn't a whole lot of distance to these holes, and they have very little variety, hovering around the 200' mark. Higher skilled players won't likely need to break out any discs but their putters.

The tees could use those really nice sign upgrades that indicate the distance & elevation change. #8 definitely could use a sign showing where the basket is (blind, way uphill, and to the right).

The #2 fairway needs to have some work done to allow water to drain. It stays muddy for days and days after rain.
Other Thoughts: I normally want to visit a course multiple times before writing a review, but broke my 'rule' here after playing multiple rounds the same day because I actually liked what the designers have here. If you're driving through Charleston, I highly recommend stopping in for a quick round.

Hole by hole: Starting from the shelter at Area 12, you need a controlled mid to putter shot to stay right of the mando, but watch out for the branches & the severe rollaways that might put you OB over the road. Cross the driveway to the straight, relatively open #2, but avoid going right or long. # 3 is a nice floating anny (rhbh) through the trees to a ridge top basket position. Don't go long!

Walk up the hill, then shoot clean & straight to the top and a raised #4 basket. Long would be OK here: right gets you in trouble. Walk around the shelter & shoot the drop #5 through any of three narrow lines, then go left to shoot #6 slightly back up the grade.

#7 is another lane shot, with a large, safe landing zone near the basket. The #8 is the biggest challenge on the course, as a blind, uphill anny, while #9 is a fun little ace run to finish.

My 1st DGC of 2012

1    1/1/2012   1/1/2012
Review By: danhyzer
Pros: GREAT NEXT TEE SIGNS, don't need a map for this DGc as the next tee signs that are a few feet away from the last basket you played are very helpfull.

Beautifull park
Cons: ONLY 9 HOLES. PLENTY of room at this park. and if utilized better I personally feel they could have a championship style of a course than what they have now in place, not saying that this course sucked. But i'm just saying that they have ample room and could really be a GREAT DGC instead of a good disc golf course.

Dirt tees except for hole # 2 as hole # 2 teeing area is adjacent to the soap box derby area.

Tee signs didn't have layout of hole. (IMHO, I don't understand why this is. Directions to the park we're sufficent, but directions to play the DGcourse wasn't as good. as they're we're a couple of holes tat I didn't know where the basket was located (now since I've played this DGc, I'll know where the basket are. but or us tourists, I feel that the layout of the hole is just as important as the basket. And granted I did print a copy of the layout of the DGc from this site, but it was a vague map and not a highly detail layout of each individual hole like what I expect when I play new DG courses)
Other Thoughts: Park gate was locked. so I ventured out on foot thinking the course was just past the ball field or what I thought was a ball field from the gate. If I would of know that this field was a soccer field and not the ball field that the map of the DGC indicated it was near that I printed up from the courses web site, I might not of walked all the way UP the hill. And for you people not familar with West Virginia... their hills are some serious hills, not like what I'm used to in Canton, Ohio. But I walked all the way until I saw a basket. and the first basket I saw was # 9. Well the DGC starts almost opposite of basket # 9 on the other side of the "ball" field. After finishing my round in 30 minutes I walked the hills again, but this time I made my own short cuts as it was all downhill from basket # 9:D. WHY was the gate locked??

close prox. to I-64

Overall, Fun Course

2-4    7/7/2011   8/16/2011
Review By: Hawkmaster
Pros: Great baskets.
Decently good tees.
Nicely easy to navigate.
Good variety of shots.
Beautiful course.
Good use of land, fun throws.
Beginner-Intermediate friendly.
Cons: Signs not the best. (Not horrible though)
Other Thoughts: A great nine-hole course that is a good time to play. Worth the drive. You'll appreciate the nature, and fun holes. There's even a huge shot down a steep hill. Very good for it's level.

Its a WV course

2-4    10/18/2009   7/21/2010
Review By: Truthbringer76
Pros: It had a good flow to the course. I didn't find it difficult to find the next basket. They finally have a course in the area.
Cons: Finding where the course starts could be a little tough. Concrete for Tees would be nicer. Also some signs with hole layout and distance/par would be nice.
Other Thoughts: I found out about it in local paper. I was traveling for work and had just got into disc golf. I had only borrowed discs before this course. I purchased my first set in WV to play this course on weekends. Its a WV course, Hilly with lots of Trees. I felt it was a decent course now as I look back on it.

1    11/21/2009   12/1/2009
Review By: airforcechck
Pros: The tees had signs telling what number you are on and where the next tee is. There is a shelter where you can take a break if you are taking your time. There are many wooded shots, and obstacles. One of the first shots has a wooden box in the way of hitting the catcher. This course goes up and down.
Cons: Easy to loose your disc when making the wooded shots.