Montreal, QC
Uploaded By: fabrice Hole #1
3 / 126ft.   3 / 228ft.   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

1    7/9/2014   7/12/2014
Review By: JohtoVillage
Pros: Bourget is a nice, easy course to play and GREAT for beginners. The holes are very short and offer the chance to really learn the game.

The course had a couple fun holes to play that gave you multiple options to the basket.

The course was filled with out of bounds and could make things challenging if the out of bounds is played.

The course is a very quick play. You could easily play the 12 hole course twice through in under 2 hours. If you are short on time this could be a good course to play.

The tee signs on the short tees (there are no tee signs for the long tees) are nice.
Cons: Unfortunately this course was borderline unplayable when a friend of mine and I tried to play the course in July 2014. Not only was basket 6 completely missing but 3 of the long tees could not be found. The short tees had nice signs and included distances for the long tees but the long tees did not include signs. It was extremely challenging to find some of the long tees and a few were nowhere to be found.

A few of the holes played in and around various activities in the park (skate park, track field, baseball field) and came dangerously close to those areas. I could see some errant shots really becoming very dangerous to others enjoying the park.

A few of the holes also played right along a barbed wire fence that seemingly led to a factory of some sorts. A disc could have flown over this fence and on one hole a disc in our group hit the top of the fence. I would just advise anyone playing these holes to be careful about throwing a disc over the fence.

Multiple holes play over and around walking paths in the park and while they aren't necessarily difficult shots, they could be dangerous.

As mentioned above, basket 6 was literally nowhere to be found on the day we played. A local that we talked with was very confused as well. We ended up making a hole and played to hole 8's basket and then wrapped back to hole 7.

The short teepads were very easy. Some of the holes were very short and could be jump puttable. This is a good thing for beginners but there was little challenge to these teepads so its recommended that you "try" to find the long tees even though it was very challenging.
Other Thoughts: It would recommend playing this course with a local or playing the course in Longueuil, QC which is about 10 miles away. Its just a little frustrating to play a course with a basket missing and with teepad areas that are hard to find but I do understand this is an area that disc golf is not hugely popular so I applaud the effort. It was a nice, easy course to play and didn't require a lot of skill or effort.

Interesting if you play the outofbounds

2-4    5/18/2011   5/18/2011
Review By: KansasBoy
Pros: for a small course in a small park, the holes are very well laid out to provide a lot of fun.

This course plays in about 30-45 minutes, so I just played it 3 times and felt pretty satisfied.

Friendly locals. Bob, who lives across the street actually came out just to play with me. A very nice guy.

Lots of annhyser and placement drives. Good use of brush and obstacles.
Cons: i played the first round by myself, and I was constantly looking for the tees which are small squares of concrete. A lack of signage made that first round a bit annoying. I even had the map, but was checking it constantly.

This course is in it's infancy though, and bob tells me that signs are coming.

i played in a rainy week, so the ground was loaded and soggy. Watching my disc splash into grass wasn't fun.

A very short course with the possibility of numerous other park users.
Other Thoughts: This course was a lot more interesting when I started playing by the local rules. Basically, the patch of grass with the basket is in, and all paths and fences that form a limit to the "green" area mark out of bounds. This reduces the available shots significantly and makes this short course interesting.

map: http://www.adgm.ca/images/sto...011-05-01.jpg

Quite a lot of fun really, and it's the only thing in town.

That reminds me. This is basically a test course for the city, and if things continue to go well, I think we can expect more courses in montreal. So pick up your trash, try to be respectful of other park users etc. etc.

Winter D at Ignace

1    2/15/2011   2/16/2011
Review By: Bakenstine
Pros: Nice location, good setup, beautiful park with lots of other things to do while there! Also a fairly reasonable layout and good for beginners with challenges for pros
Cons: 1) It's in Montreal where the winter is really hard to play
2) It's only 12 holes
3) There was alot of near path play for lines it seemed
Other Thoughts: I can't wait to come back in Spring/Summer and see this course shine in the sunlight! Regardless, it was freakin sweet to see just the baskets hovering on a blanket of snow over 2 foot deep!

Montreal starter parc

1    10/11/2009   11/4/2009
Review By: lazy cake
Pros: -The only permanent course in Montreal.
-Metro accessible.
-Takes advantage of the limited amount of space available in the park.
-Heavy use of OB (all roads/paths play OB) favors acurate shot making over booming tee shots.
Cons: -Pretty short. I think the longest hole here is around 250 feet.
-If not for the locals, I would have never been able to figure out how to navigate the course or even where the tees were located.
-Tees are not just hard to find but were un-numbered when I played. Based on the pictures, it now looks like that's been taken care of.
Other Thoughts: I was lucky enough to run into several ADGM (Association Disc Golf du Montreal) members at the course who were happy to show me around. Everyone was very friendly (especially since I don't speak a word of French!) and was proud of the local DG community. They've really put together a good grass roots movement to make this course a possiblity. It was quite an honor to be the first international player to throw Ignace Bourget and even though its not the world's most exciting course, my round here will stand out as one of my favorite DG memories.