Montreal, QC
Parc Ignace Bourget Share
Uploaded By: fabrice
Practice Basket

Interesting if you play the outofbounds

2-4    5/18/2011   5/18/2011
Review By: KansasBoy
Pros: for a small course in a small park, the holes are very well laid out to provide a lot of fun.

This course plays in about 30-45 minutes, so I just played it 3 times and felt pretty satisfied.

Friendly locals. Bob, who lives across the street actually came out just to play with me. A very nice guy.

Lots of annhyser and placement drives. Good use of brush and obstacles.
Cons: i played the first round by myself, and I was constantly looking for the tees which are small squares of concrete. A lack of signage made that first round a bit annoying. I even had the map, but was checking it constantly.

This course is in it's infancy though, and bob tells me that signs are coming.

i played in a rainy week, so the ground was loaded and soggy. Watching my disc splash into grass wasn't fun.

A very short course with the possibility of numerous other park users.
Other Thoughts: This course was a lot more interesting when I started playing by the local rules. Basically, the patch of grass with the basket is in, and all paths and fences that form a limit to the "green" area mark out of bounds. This reduces the available shots significantly and makes this short course interesting.

map: http://www.adgm.ca/images/sto...011-05-01.jpg

Quite a lot of fun really, and it's the only thing in town.

That reminds me. This is basically a test course for the city, and if things continue to go well, I think we can expect more courses in montreal. So pick up your trash, try to be respectful of other park users etc. etc.