Slatington, PA
Victory Park Share
Uploaded By: rac153 Hole #15
Hole #15 Tee: Plays to basket #6

A course in my old hometown

1    4/5/2015   4/19/2015
Review By: jbetz45453
Pros: They put a disc golf course here which is better than not having a disc golf course.

A few holes are interesting.

They do a nice little tournament here each year.
Cons: Too small of an area if other people are in the park.
Two sets of tees seems unecessary for the small amount of space they had available.
I can imagine there might be alot of problems trying to play this in the summertime if there are other people or kids in the park.

Navigation can be tough. I was glad a printed out a course map.

Other Thoughts: I played here on Easter Sunday morning as I was in my old hometown for a sunrise church service. There was no one else around so I did not have any problems with other people being in the way.

I could see where there could be problems with people being in the way in the summertime when the park is being used.

It looks like the swing sets that were near hole 1 and 2 in some of the older pictures are no longer there as they have a newer looking playset/slide built up near the pavalion. Thats good as it could keep kids off the middle of the course.

Hard to navigate first time there.

There was not much growth or brush on the trees and bushes when I was there but I understand that it can get pretty overgrown on some of the holes by the woods.

I would not go out of my way to play here but if you are in the area in fall or springtime it might be worth a chance to play here.

If this would have been here when i was growing up it would have been something I would have played alot.

Bad Shape

5+    6/14/2014   7/7/2012
Review By: Uduke
This review was updated on 9/5/2014
Pros: Short with a nice mix of open & wooded
Cons: The tees are in horrible shape, there are no maps & the hole markers are crap.
Other Thoughts: Not worth a drive longer than 30 minutes to get to but if your in the area its a fun little course

Not much to say

5+    11/10/2009   11/29/2009
Review By: aklimbing
Pros: It's a nice place to stop on my way home, if I want to throw a quick round. Usually takes 2 people 25 minutes to play 9.
Cons: Poison ivy, over growth, trash, little kids in the summer, crappy tee boxes, and very short.
Other Thoughts: More cons then pros, but it can't be that bad if I played it so many times. Plus I always had a good time. With Neff's so close, I would much rather play there.

Dangerous for bystanders

5/31/2007   5/31/2007
Review By: Qwikstreet
Pros: Easy birdie course. Great to play to boost your average score.
Cons: Very compact and congested around the playground and parking lot for the swimming pool.
Other Thoughts: This is a 9 hole course with 2 tees per basket.