Longmont, CO
Loomiller Park Share
Uploaded By: Leroy Hole #9 (Taken 5/2013)

impressed for a 9 hole in CO

1    8/20/2009   8/21/2009
Review By: colodiscgolfer
Pros: Beautifully maintained park! The grass looks like it could be from a ball golf course. Great tees, great baskets, and 2 different practice baskets about 150 ft from each other around a tree so you can throw approaches back and forth then putt out to warm up. Trash bins at every tee! The water hazards come into play, but as long as you don't completely shank your drive, they aren't very menacing. I actually enjoyed the holes played next to the street where you can put your drive out over the road and watch it fade back in. Course design in the pin positions we played showed good use of the obstacles present, some had light posts directly in line with pin, others were fairly well guarded by trees. Played on a thursday evening, and I didn't really have a problem with foot traffic and overcrowding which was a big concern based on other reviews. The signage was top notch, with overhead shots of all pin placements and distances. The front board that has the course map also included club info, all recorded aces, and lots of other good info. I was impressed at the effort that went into the signage here.
Cons: There's no elevation change on this park at all. I could definitely see that foot traffic and overcrowding were a possibility, even if that wasn't the case when we were there. I also see where others didn't like throwing over (or next to) the road, but I was entertained by it.
Other Thoughts: Of the 9 hole course I've played here in CO, I'd have to rank this as the best one yet. It's not going to ever be a world class tournament quality course, but was very well designed for the space it uses, and was flat out more interesting holes than the other 9's I've played out here.