Yuma, AZ
West Wetlands Park Share
Uploaded By: inthebackcountry Hole #3 (Taken 10/2008)
3 / 150ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #3 Basket: Yellow posts are mandos for #2 (far) and #3 (near)

Please play it and help it grow.

1    1/17/2010   1/17/2010
Review By: baja
Pros: The only 9 baskets within a 100 mile radius. The course is 100% grass covered.
Cons: It's absolutely flat. You will not find more shade than that of the mando poles, the baskets and your own. There are some newly planted trees, but for now they are just twigs at the southern end near the fence near hole 8. The narrow fairway is tough at 6 and 8 on the OB side. I went OB on 6, luckily there was a hole cut in the fence to retrieve a disc that missed the drink. The canal is some place you may NOT go in to get your plastic back. Also, keep it near the basket at 2, in order to avoid the playground and away from the picnic table near basket 8. This place is used heavily by non players after noon on Sundays, so get there early.
Other Thoughts: This course is new and a parks person observed our use from a distance. I hope they got a good impression since I only had a cobra and an ultimate disc with me. Drove 55 miles to play there, but for some reason, I wasn't disappointed. There's lots of room for improvement and I think it will get there eventually. WARNING: This place is extremely hot from middle of May through Mid October. Bring water. It's turning out to be a great park. I look forward to practicing here in the future and eventually play a full round.