Marble Falls, TX
Westside Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: skurf Hole #3 (Taken 10/2009)
Hole #3 Red/Blue Tee

Great 9 Hole

1    6/20/2010   6/20/2010
Review By: Cody
This review was updated on 11/3/2010
Pros: Best 9 hole I've ever played! Since there's only 2 reviews on here I thought I'd add my 2 cents worth and my star rating. You get the idea of what this course has to offer from the other reviews.
Designed by John Houck-- nuff said.
Cons: None I can think of. If this course was transplanted to an idyllic setting like a Colorado mountain stream or something, then I'd give it 5 stars.
Other Thoughts: This review isn't meant to be a "play-by-play" description of each and every hole like I said above to all you guys giving me thumbs down.
Basically, this course is great, so drive out there & check it out....

Great Times

1    5/28/2010   6/2/2010
Review By: insobox
Pros: - First off the signs done by John Houck were great as always. Easy to read and navigate for a first time player of the course.
- Beautifully mowed short grass course wide made it an absolute pleasure to play.
- This course being 9 holes has 15 unique boxes which is great if you want to make your own 18 out of it by playing it twice since this is the only disc golf course in the area that I know of via DGcoursereview that my friend and I could find.
- Quick play looked like a low foot traffic course only saw two other groups present on a Friday afternoon while playing out there.
- Technical and challenging holes with a variety of long and short (3 holes over 500 feet on a 9 hole is just awesome). As well as several technical holes (3-6). My favorite hole would have to be 6 shooting from the top of a little hill over water to a basket on the other side of the creek.
- Nice water crossings that were sturdy/safe.
- Great Tee boxes.
- Course was very clean no trash around
- Overall great design, fun, and will definitely play again when in the area.
Cons: - Personally my friend and I had no problems with the course, but to be fair the Red box on hole 9 seems to be placed in a flood zone so there was a lot of washed out rock/gravel over it.
Other Thoughts: Well thought out, well planned, and great execution.