Caldwell, WV
Practice hole

nice little stop

1    7/15/2011   7/17/2011
Review By: Herd1978
Pros: This course is easy to find from I-64. I travel with my 3 year old from VA to OH about once a month. I mapped this course out the other day, and it was no more than 5 miles off the interstate, just go through the tunnel off the exit, pass the station, the campgrounds will be on your left, and you'll run into it. Pros...like I said, close to the interstate. You can play this course real quickly too, as the first 9 baskets can all be seen from a central point in the field. Small fairways were mowed, allowing a walking path to the basket from the pads so you didn't have to walk in the taller, thicker soon to be hay. Many easy pars as well as a bird opportunities. They also have printable maps to take with you available at the bulletin board.
Cons: The pads aren't concrete, but I've played many that aren't. The front 9 was actually enjoyable, but really easy.
Other Thoughts: I wouldn't use this course as a home course, but its definitely a good one if you need a break while traveling. It is also located in a national park, so there are plenty of family activities as well. I saw plenty of people at the pool when I drove by. There are also plenty of picnic areas available. This exit also has gas stations and restaurants, so you can make it a one-stop do it all stop.