Lewiston, ID
3 / 315ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Round and round

5+    11/30/2013   12/16/2013
Review By: idahooldguy
Pros: - Beautiful park setting.
- Mostly short holes with moderate tree hazards.
- Elevation change on most holes.
- New solar charged lights on every basket (courtesy of the local college Engineering Club).
- Several birdie/ace holes, a low score is very possible here.
- Rarely windy in Lewiston.
Cons: - I wish they had room for more holes.
- Summer softball season can create some interference on holes 8 and 9.
Other Thoughts: The course circles 2 softball fields on a moderately steep hillside. I love playing it over and over (round and round). I wish they had this course when I lived in Lewiston! I can't wait to try a glow round (or 5) with the basket lights. If you're in the Lewiston area, definitely make plans to play. Sunnyside Park in Pullman is a good play, too.

Tons o' fun in a tiny package

1    8/19/2012   8/21/2012
Review By: holotone
Pros: Well placed pins, interesting elevation, concrete tee pads, nice signage, obvious flow, and challenging lines despite the park's wee size. The course designer clearly knew what he was doing.
Cons: Though it wasn't a problem when I was there, I could see how other park users could be a possible issue in a few spots.
Other Thoughts: This is the dream pitch-n-putt we'd all put in our back yards were we ever to find ourselves with a couple extra acres and a spare $10k. Having this little guy nearby would aaaalllmost make living in Lewiston worth it. Almost.

Delghtfully Tiny

1    7/6/2010   8/6/2011
Review By: TheHoaginator1020
Pros: For starters, I would like to mention that I am an avid player, and my Grandparents live in Lewiston. This, brought excitement to my eyes when I found out that when I went to go visit them I would be able to put down an Idaho course on my list. This is besides the point, but that was a positive for me.
This little gym starts off with a down hill shot, when I played it the first time the oak tree that was blocking an obvious hyzer was in the process of dismantling. The first couple of holes are downhill, giving you come confidence for the rest of the game. There are a few challengers, but seeing as how the entire course is in a fairly open area, the accuracy doesn't need to be spot on unless your going for basket.
The concret, baskets, and signs are all brand new, giving the course a fresh feeling.
There was no foot traffic on the fairways when I came through, just people watching baseball from the fields near-by.
There are bathrooms at this course as well, which that was my first encounter of such a thing, so you can imagine how nice that is.
Nicely placed benches, and places to dispose of your trash as well.
Cons: The designer forgot 9 other holes. (this is joke, eh?)
Sometimes when they have a big baseball game, people will try and sit near the basket on the hill on hole #9, which is kind of annoying when you have to explain to them what your trying to do...
The oak tree that was a major obsticle on #1 was cut down, and kind of hindered the difficulty of the hole. I love trees
Accuracy isn't played into this course design as much as a regular player would hope.
There are a couple of holes where you risk running out of bounds on the road, traffic isn't terrible though.

Other Thoughts: To sum it all up, this is a wonderful course; whether you are a beginner, your a pro and stopping through, or its your regular. This course had all that a beginning courses needs, good length, quality equipment, and humane facilities. If your like me, and stuck in Lewiston for 2 weeks, you'll learn and love those short little holes, making each one of them your own personal challenge. I wouldn't necessarily say that it's worth traveling hundreds of miles to see, yet if your in the area make sure you try it out.