Modesto, CA

1 2 Next >
 My homies course!

5+    5/7/2009   5/21/2009
Review By: Big Bob
Pros: This was my home course for several years.
Lots of hole 27!
Two creek crossings, donate to the water Gods!
Back 18 Wicked!
Front nine mostly mid range.
Multiple pin settings for all holes.
Find a Local and play championship pads.
Weeklys every Sunday at 9am.
Cons: Front nine heavy traffic.
Keep the beers down, big fine 400+ if caught!
Summer play early or drink a lot of H2O hits 100 daily!
Other Thoughts: Home of the opening Central Valley Series every winter in November!
If there find the man Capt. Sappenfield
(Josh) he's the legend! and only 27!

Good warm up...

1    3/20/2009   4/6/2009
Review By: mprii
Pros: The front 9 were to good to warm up on. We got alittle lost on the back. The locals are super nice(at least the one we spoke to).
Cons: Squirle hole lots of them whatch you step. Some tee pads on the back would have been nice but other than that nothing.
Other Thoughts: Had a great time we played the frist 8 twice and had fun.

Good 18+

2-4    2/16/2009   2/21/2009
Review By: J.Kasm
Pros: The first 9 baskets are close together and good for warming up for the next 9 baskets. There are a lot of different shots in this course. I first played this course last year, when the added baskets that teed-off over the river where still there. This course is really good for beginners and there were a lot of experienced players who offered help and direction with my game. The course was pretty empty during the late morning, but was filled with a lot of easy-moving traffic in the evening. Towards dusk, I actually played the top 9 three times in a row. Some baskets offered hyzer/ turn-over shots. Also a few lengthy straight aways.
Cons: There used to be an additional 9 baskets added to the already 18 baskets. These additional baskets did offer great shots that had to be tee-offed over the river, but they don't exist anymore due to construction. The reason I'm mentioning this is because there are still a few baskets floating around and added a bit of confusion due to no tee-pads or markers. Some of the baskets on the back 9 were hard to find due to poor marking.
Other Thoughts: I had a good time at this course, but feel that it needs a little more work. The city needs to put more effort into keeping this dg course up. Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of the course--even though I did have my camera with me.

1    1/10/2009   1/10/2009
Review By: BENFTS
Pros: there are 18 fun holes to play here. length and accuracy comes into play on most of the tee shots. there are several holes that are very reachable with a midrange off the tee for intermediate or advanced players. it was a great challenge for me playing this course LHBH, but also fun.
Cons: the front 9 holes were very pitch and catch, most under 220'. the first hole "18" was the exception. for the first 13 holes we all right friendly and had little or no line for a lefty straight shot making things very different for lefty players, a big righty advantage.
Other Thoughts: if the first 9 holes on the 27 hole course were cut down to 5 and making some layout adjustments it would be greatly improved. would love to see teepads on the back 9 holes like the front 18.

Pros and Cons

1    12/29/2008   1/7/2009
Review By: ragajones
Pros: Two for the price of one! The front nine was a typical short, busy, bustling 9-hole, neighborhood course.
Good for beginners who might be looking for people to team up with or ask questions. The back 18 was much less busy, longer, out of the way and with more obstacles and interesting shots.
Cons: The front nine had two hole #2s, signage hole numbers were unreadable on most holes and a couple of extra holes at the end of the round I think (11 holes? I don't get it)
I wouldn't mind having some extra holes, just give some warning so we know whats going on. We had to follow some guys to keep up and try to not get lost. The back 18 starts great and then gets really confusing when the teeboxes disappear after the first half or so. Prepare to get lost and lose track of accurate scoring and direction.
Other Thoughts: I was in from AZ and would really like this course more I think if it were my neighborhood course and I got to play it frequently. It was green, nice, had a cool local's scene and everybody was having fun.
The only drawback were that the layout was confusing for a couple of different reasons but overall this course is a real asset to the local people in the Modesto area. There are only a few minor changes that could make this course way better (a complete set of tees, less confusing redundancy on the front nine, Clearer signage and this course would be a course worth driving to visit. The greenery along the greenbelt was really pleasant too.

1 2 Next >