Baskets in a field
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Large sprawling park with soccer, baseball, and softball. Some playground equipment and a shelter also.
- Well-manicured park.
- Easy access from interstate
Cons: - Starting point is not particularly clear. Start on the east side of the park by the soccer fields. Holes 5-9 end on the west side of the creek by the ball fields.
- Walk from hole 9 back to your car is a half mile.
- Grass tees, some signage.
- Could not find a tee for #7. I assume it was removed for the new parking lot.
- No obstacles, aside from a few holes running along the side of the tall grass and some timber.
Other Thoughts: - I'll talk about the homemade baskets here. They're unique, that's for sure. They do their job, although the small chain area puts a premium on putting accuracy. Strong putts are likely to impact the pole and bounce out.
- There is PLENTY of space along the creek that cuts through this park, along with in the timber, to put 5 or 6 holes. There is unused land and space for a very nice 9 hole course. Just wasn't used. I think this made me more disappointed than anything else. The layout is fine if that's all you have to work with, but there was plenty to work with that just wasn't.
- Didn't really enjoy my time here.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: It's good to have a practice course, and this one could draw a few kids into the game by giving them something to do while their siblings are on the ball fields. I kind of liked the baskets even though they were really odd.
Cons: The layout is not easy to follow, and it doesn't loop back to parking.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: - Course is set in a small city park, which is also home to some softball and soccer fields, as well as a walking path. Definitely potential for interference if any of these are in use.
- Almost every hole is open to a RHBH hyzer; one hole has forest on the right, but isn't really in the way. A few of these need the hyzer to go around the woods, so that is kind of interesting.
- A little creek is by a couple baskets, if the drive is too long.
- Decent variety of hole lengths.
Cons: - Almost every hole is open to a RHBH hyzer. Doesn't really need anything else.
- Layout is harsh, the distance between tee #1 and basket #9 is about a half a mile. A long walk no matter what.
Other Thoughts: - This is a decent course to practice some things, including distance driving, or freestyle open field line shaping. Homemade baskets aren't too bad, just have a small target area. Definitely a course for beginners or just practice.
4 of 5 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 4 Not
Pros: virtually unplayed, not a lot of people around when I have gone,
Cons: the holes are repetitive, the basket are difficult, no challenge
Other Thoughts: practice only, for beginners. Most people will have no problem navigating this course
0 of 4 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Needs lots of help
Pros: A small town course with 9 holes. Two of the baskets are located next to a small stream that adds a little challenge. A vareity of lengths of holes. Generally wide open and a good place for a beginner to start or for a family with kids.
Cons: About half the holes had teesigns, the rest were missing or unable to be located. Nine homemade baskets that only catch and hold your disc if you are about 10 feet away. Just look at the picture of the baskets. Only a small diameter inner set of single chains. Between where hole one starts and hole 9 ends is almost a half mile apart! That is too far apart! So when you finish with hole 9, prepare for a little hikie back to the start. Low on the challenge level.
Other Thoughts: This course is not designed for the serious player. However with that in mind, I could see myself coming here every once in a while just to practice my short game a little, approach shots mainly. For those of which this course is really designed for, a nice relaxing day with the family, then this does well. Be aware of other park activities such as soccer and baseball which can take over the area creating lots of hazards. The are large open areas on the course that allow for praticing of your drives.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.