Austin, TX
MetCenter DGC Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #15 (Taken 4/2011)

1 2 3 Next >
  Met Center Review

5+    1/1/2010   10/28/2009
Review By: wrongway
This review was updated on 2/4/2010
Pros: Awesome course design. This championship caliber course with concrete t-pads and true par fours and fives will most definetly be one of the top courses in Texas. Hole two from the longs is definetly one of my favorites. On the few short holes the water definetly factors into the difficulty level... a precisely thrown shot is rewarded and greedy ones are penalized. The course has a good balance of shots for lefty's and righty's. Steeplechase on steroids is a common comparison overheard from other players.
Cons: Some crossing points over the creek are a little sketchy, but it looks like crossing points are in the works still.
Other Thoughts: Follow the signs and the paths that are wearing in to avoid other tee boxes. There are trash cans but i recommend pack it in then pack it out. I look forward to many fun rounds with good friends for a long time to come.

Amazing.

1    10/23/2009   10/24/2009
Review By: insobox
This review was updated on 12/25/2009
Pros: - Amazing championship level course, not only that but my friend Hunter got the first recorded ace (that we know of) out there today on hole #5 off the Tree on the left, completely sick.
- Huge tee boxes for both pro and am levels.
- The one tee sign for hole 18 is amazing, another stellar job by Houck,
- Water hazards, OB clearly posted on the beautiful tee sign.
- HARD HARD HARD HARD! This course has tons to offer.
- Nice and technical, this course is similar I feel in style to Steeplechase but done much better (yes I know Houck did that course as well).
- The layout is fun a big figure 8 of sorts.
- This course is generally out of my way as Circle C and Twin Parks are kind of my 'home' courses but this extra distance was WELL worth it. My friends and I are already planning to head back as soon as possible.
- The posts for the tee signs are huge and easy to point out, as well we noticed that the tee signs currently point you where to go, as they are at the end of the boxes and whatever side they are on is the way you are supposed to throw, this helped us navigate the course, as we had never been there before.
- Hole #10, Pro or AM this is a long straight hole, it reminds me of a golf course, just simply awe inspiring.
- Water hazards, as most people would say this is a negative, I love this feature as it adds another element to the game.
Cons: UPDATED REVIEW: 12.25.2009:
- The biggest con I have now with this course is just the utter ridiculousness of all the OB's, it's currently just to much for me at this point in time.
1. Tree height on several holes can be combated by players with big arms simply playing over the holes due to the age of 85% or so of the trees being under 5 years of age. (This is no fault of the designers, and the trees will grow with the course).
2. The course does a figure 8 and at the moment it seems you have to kind of finagle your way around to miss fairways or boxes, however I noticed if you actually do line of sight, you actually are supposed to walk behind the tee boxes of the hole you are crossing, I'd assume.
Other Thoughts: - This course isn't even 'officially' open yet and there were at least 6 groups to show up after we did. (word spreads fast)

1 2 3 Next >