Bad Fredeburg, Germany
3 / 167ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

best course of the day

1    5/13/2012   5/14/2012
Review By: discinsoldier
Pros: I loved this course. good challengning holes. Nice walk....up and down hills. Not to crowded. Good hole set up.
Cons: throwing up hill...then your disc rolling down hill...past the point where you threw it from. not much parking in the area.
Other Thoughts: It was still a fun day. good holes...it was the 4th course we played that day so we were are tiredby the end of it.

Disc Golf im Sauerland.

2-4    3/17/2012   3/17/2012
Review By: ElementZ
Pros: The amount of elevation changes here are crazy. After just two rounds of 18, I was exhausted and done for the day. I'm 21 and in pretty good shape, but the amount of climbing was crazy. Luckily, the holes were all pretty short, which kept my spirits up. The current pictures in the media section don't do the course justice, as is usually the case. I would have taken pictures, but unfortunately my cameras batteries were dead. The downhill shots, like #6, #16, and #17 are a ton of fun.

The first three holes are fairly open, but then for 4-18, you're in the woods. This course offers many, many ace runs (150 foot holes), but if you overshoot too much on certain holes, you're looking at uphill 100 foot upshots. High risk/reward for sure.

Don't be fooled by the distance. The holes may be short, but the greens are almost always on a slant and the disc has a big probability of rolling away. When I played, I had rolls up to 150 feet away... ;)

The course has a ton of room for expansion, so maybe we'll see another few baskets installed in the upcoming years to really make this a great disc golf destination!

On top of this, the drive to the course was beautiful. The Sauerland is a very naturally pleasant place to see with it's forests and rolling hills.
Cons: Some people would say that the course's holes are too short. There's only one hole where you may need a driver, everything else was very reachable with a putter for me.

The tees are way too small and something more than hole number would be good on the signs. The baskets were in great shape though.

The risk of losing a disc is pretty high. I lost my GL Core on #6 because I completely overshot it. With the plants and the leaves, there's no way I could find it. Be careful!
Other Thoughts: I wanted to play this course so that I could officially cross the "1/3 of German Courses Reviewed" mark, and I would say the two hour drive was worth it for me. The course was over all in very good shape, very fun to play, and was pretty easy to follow the flow. I would say this is one of the top 10 courses in Germany for sure!

I just updated the course page and it should be up to date as of March 2012! Enjoy!