Schnecksville, PA
Neff's Valley Share
Uploaded By: rpiano Hole #8 (Taken 1/2012)

My wife swam in that pool!

1    5/9/2015   4/5/2016
Review By: jbetz45453
Pros: Nice use of an abandoned park.
Good course for newer players.
Nice mix of some open areas and woods and even a little water to deal with.
Half the holes are over 300 feet.
Was pretty easy to navigate the course.
2 sets of tee's for each basket.
Cons: 2 sets of tees for each basket.
Some of the holes are a little close together like the three holes that share the open field.
If it is busy when you are there it can get backed up with the shared tees. That happened to me as I finished hole 9 and there was people waiting to tee off on Hole 1 and I wanted to play hole 10 and there was also someone playing hole 2. Hole 1/10 and 2/11 share the same real estate so I just skipped 10 and 11 and played 12.
It appears that hole 7 and 16 have been flip flopped as to what is shown here on the site. Not really a big deal but at some point if you are playing all 18 you will have to walk to the further tee. Maybe they switched it as those who just want to play nine holes would be using the closer tee.
Other Thoughts: Nice use of an old park that is down the street from where my wife grew up. Yes she spent many summers at the pool as a teen.
I say 2 sets of tees for each basket is a pro and a con.
A pro if it is not busy as you can play 18 holes and they play slightly different with the different tee spots.
A con if it is busy as you can get stuck waiting.
I like the fact that there are some longer holes so you can throw your longer distance discs.
I would play here again. Not sure how busy it gets here as I only played here one time.

A nifty set of nine

1    3/27/2010   3/28/2010
Review By: jblough
Pros: Even after playing several other more impressive courses in the Allentown area, I still had a good time playing here. Some of the pros include:

- water hazards (the little stream is in play for several holes)

- Nice technical shots (#3 and 4 in particular) are balanced by some open-air bombs.

- signage is good and holes are easy to find.

All in all, this little course is more difficult than meets the eye, but is still very do-able for a beginner. In fact, I think it's a great place to introduce someone to the game (see below).
Cons: - a lot of clutter with the pavilions, pool equipment, and other miscellaneous garbage, although they don't really interfere with any holes. It's more of an eyesore than anything.

- posted signs make the place a little unfriendly. I had this feeling that the cops were going to come the whole time and I wasn't even doing anything wrong. It also makes you think twice about throwing any errant discs.

- The par fours are a little generous -- especially with number 7. I think this shot can easily be achieved in 3 tries.

- some holes are very short (< 200 feet)
Other Thoughts: All things considered, this is a very nice nine hole course. I would kill for a course like this near my hometown for a quick round.

I recommend playing here after a day of rounds at Little Lehigh Parkway and Jordan Creek as a way of relaxing and restoring your ego. This is also a great place to introduce someone to disc golf since it contains, in my opinion, many of the elements needed for a true disc golf experience: water hazards, open air bombs, tight wooded technical shots, and doglegs -- all without being too terribly challenging!