4 Helpful / 0 Not
Be careful of others
Pros: * Two nice concrete baskets for each hole with distances painted on them
* Very nice Innova baskets
* Beautiful setting in a park/conference center with a variety of other activities (see cons - other)
* Good distance on a number of holes.
* Decent flow from hole to hole (but, may need a map in a few areas)
* A few benches/trash cans/bathrooms around course
* Course is well taken care of. Nice, recently mowed fairways (except where a great deal of water remained from recent heavy rains)
* About 8 minutes from Interstate 77 - if anyone is traveling and wants to stop for a round
* Good use of the available area, including limited use of the hills on the back side of the park.
* Very scenic park with a few ponds, covered bridge, old log homes
* Many, many other activities - mini golf, baseball field, sand volleyball, tennis, basketball, pool, horseshoe pits, fishing, walking, jogging, biking, picnic areas and more
Cons: * Beware, beware of other park users. Walkers, fisherman, bicyclists, horse shoes players, etc. etc. etc. may/will be in your way! I believe this is a prime location for locals to come on nice evenings and on the weekends. During the day would be the best time to use this course. I also had to improvise holes because of vehicles and people near the baskets. Hole 10, which is a nice hole beside the lake has a picnic table about 10 feet from the basket, Hole 11 is very near a prime parking spot when activities are going on and another hole has two horseshoe pits within 10 feet of the basket.
* Not a great deal of difficulty with the pin placement. A few shots require precision, but most are in the open or a few hazards.
* Also, as mentioned in a previous review, there is a very large (~100) flock of Canadian Geese that call this place home and beside the droppings they leave all over the course the can become aggressive if they have young ones near.
* When I played this year, it was after a recent period of very heavy rain and a few holes were swampy and one almost unplayable.
* No direction to next tee from the baskets
* A good bit of poison is around several holes and baskets.
* No tee pads for hole 11 - you just play from the sidewalk or road. Be careful of cars parked near the basket.
Other Thoughts: I come to Cedar Lakes once a year for a conference and look forward to playing this course. As, mentioned in the review I much rather enjoy playing it during the days than the evening (but, can't necessarily do that as much as I like) The parks primary focus is not disc golf and, even though it seems to be an after thought, at least they have it and maintain it. The office staff is very friendly and they have score cards and maps. You should print a map or pick one up as a few holes will be difficult to find with out one. You may not want to go a great distance to play this course, but, if you were in the area it would be good to check out. If you have your family with you there are plenty of other activities for them while you golf.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Alot of straight shots.
Cons: Some water!!!! BEWARE!!!!
Other Thoughts: My first run here was the best game for me so far. Throwing red tees and assuming all par 3s, I threw a personal best 6 under par. Came in at 2 over on a short game of 13 before I had to call it a day. I really like this new course!!!
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.