Charlotte, NC
Nevin Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: 1978 Hole #18 (Taken 9/2010)

Prepare for a beat down

1    2/5/2011   2/6/2011
Review By: culinarywiz
Pros: Well maintianed

Rustic

Conctrete pads and plenty of amenities

Very good signage
Cons: Difficult does not properly describe this course

Fun? Anyone? Bueller?
Other Thoughts: This course is beyond brutal.

Difficulty does not directly equate to quality when designing disc golf courses. For me, the most important aspect of disc golf is FUN. Enjoyment. Good times, man. This course is NOT fun. I seriously hated most of it. I wanted to pick up my disc and leave many times.

So, here is a break down of the layout;
You start with a long, tight hole. This is followed by a tight, long hole. Then there are a few tight, long, doglegs. Then you finish with some really tight and long holes. I actually began wishing I had loner discs so I could spare my plastic from this heinous torture.

There was very little diversity here. The whole course felt very monotonous. It is hands down the most difficult course I have ever played.

Still, this course is very well put together. If this is the style of golf you enjoy, then this has been meticulously detailed and maintained for you. The pads, baskets, signage and benches are all in great shape. There are some nice elevation changes. There actually are a couple ace runs, you just have to thread a needle to do it.

Obviously, this course isn't my cup of tea. I play to have fun, not to get beat like a tied down goat. But if you truly want to test your ability to throw error free disc golf, then this could be the best course in the nation.

Needs a little work...

1    3/29/2010   3/29/2010
Review By: davidadam1
Pros: Well marked course, with yardage markers in fairways. Good design, no backtracking or fairway crossing. Course ends where it begins which is nice. It is obvious that the guys in charge of this course care about it and will make the necessary improvements, I look forward to playing it again. This could honestly become one of my favorite courses in Charlotte.
Cons: Several fairways are too narrow for the distance. Mandos on holes 12 and 14 are tricky with the wind and distance from tee pad. As I am not a pro, throwing 250 feet and then making my disc turn at a 90 degree angle is impossible (i.e. hole 17). Very challenging uphill holes, make sure you are in shape.
Other Thoughts: Tee Signs need improvement especially with marking long tees and short tees but that will come with time and money. Possibly more trash cans and more benches, I only remember seeing one all day.

Very Tight

1    12/14/2009   2/3/2010
Review By: _.-Dut-._
This review was updated on 2/26/2010
Pros:
- Very challenging course that offers a great variety of shots.
- Well taken care of course, especially for how new it is. Concrete teepads, fairways are well defined, alternate routes on several holes.
- Next tee signs and clear cut paths make this course easy to navigate.
- Great use of Mandos and elevation
Cons:
The course is new and hasnt been "worn" in yet. There is no cons I noticed that dont appear to be working themselves out quickly.
Other Thoughts: Very tough course but fair. Fairways require accuracy to score well and offer a varirty of lines. A few holes have alternate paths that let you decide between forehand/backhand hyzer/anhyzer. The course is well worth making a trip to see and will only get better as it ages.