New Plymouth, ID
New Plymouth DGC Share

Skip it!

1    4/30/2011   5/7/2011
Review By: cefire
Pros: The New Plymouth course has a restricted width style layout (a la Aquatic Park in Berkeley) although instead of water lining the fairways, you have neighborhood roads on either side. I really just don't have much to say in terms of positives for this course. It lacks any features which would challenge golfers besides length and OB roads which are mostly out of play. From start to finish, it is pretty much a snooze-fest of wide open fields.
Cons: I've got a laundry list of con's about this course but the primary one is that only one or two of the holes has any real obstacles - the rest play through an entirely open grass strip in between two roads.

Shadiness: The area surrounding the park does not seem very nice at all. The park likewise is pretty trashy looking with broken baskets and garbage. At SEVERAL points during our round, we had aggressive dogs approach from nearby houses that were unleashed and unwatched.

Navigation: It isn't all that difficult, but you get no confirmation of correct hole numbers from tees/baskets so you just have to reason out which tee/basket is likely the next hole.
Other Thoughts: As the previous reviewer said, this is really a course that everyone should probably avoid. I like to play all sorts of courses from the lowliest little nine holer to the best championship course but if I knew beforehand what this place was like, I would have skipped it entirely!

Unique I Suppose

1    4/29/2011   5/2/2011
Review By: sillybizz
Pros: Well this certainly is one of the more unique courses I have ever played which is usually a good thing and can be fun, this course wasn't any of that. The course is located on this grass field that is actually the median to the street and it's cut in half by a couple of street blocks. So you park at one end and play your way up the street on this little piece of grass and then play your way back. I honestly am trying to find a redeeming quality about this course but it is testing me for sure.
Cons: The tiny strip of land that you play up and down the street is just too small, open and short to be challenging or fun. I don't really understand what they were thinking while putting in this course, I have to assume there are better spots for a disc golf course out in the country that have more space available. One of the baskets even looked like it had been hit by a car at some point and being so close to the street this isn't hard to imagine.
Other Thoughts: New Plymouth isn't a course I would recommend to anyone traveling through the area, even course baggers should skip this one as it's not worth the time or effort to find this place and play. Just skip on by and maybe visit Boise, there are some good courses there that are fun and challenging.