Hastings, MI
Winding Creek DGC Share
Uploaded By: apdrvya Hole #6 (Taken 8/2012)
3 / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Winding Creek, where's the water?

1    8/30/2012   8/30/2012
Review By: apdrvya
This review was updated on 4/12/2013
Pros: Aesthetic--nice course plays through a field and weed patch (literally) of a christian summercamp/campground.

Baskets--apparently homemade? look like old school mach 14's with deeper more straight sided baskets. Flags mark the baskets and this is very helpful in places.

Teesigns--it became apparent that the tee signs "pointed to" the basket when I got to number 4, which I threw to the basket for 7 on.
Cons: Navigation--navigation here is rough. I threw to the basket for 7 from the 4th tee (which the basket is in the weeds apparently). the tee signs "point to" the basket but this is tough to follow at times also. there are a couple of "next tee" signs on some of the longer walks.

Teesigns--1x8's on pvc driven into the ground with "tee #" spray painted on them. no distances are given and I forgot to get them via GPS.

Rough--on the deep weedy holes 4-7 the rough is IMPOSSIBLE to find discs in and the fairways (as you can see in my pic of #6) are about 4ft. wide. Best of luck.

Variety--the open holes are SUPER OPEN, the deep weedy holes are SUPER TIGHT that's all I have to say about that...

"teepads"--non-existant, rutted up grass, not even a "skid mark" not played much I guess.

Upkeep--the grass in the field is pretty long and there are a lot of weeds that are big enough to knock your discs around. keep your stuff high in the fields to avoid this. Plenty of garbage in the field and the weeds.
Other Thoughts: Be careful on 4-7 or you will lose discs here.

I made and posted a map to help your navigation

I had no issues playing here, I contacted per the site and was very cordially invited to come out and play