4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - better than average distances for a 9 hole course (most are above 250')
- baskets are good quality for being non-mainstream (I wouldn't call them 'homemade' as some people have, but they aren't top tier either)
- large natural tees are in good shape
- quality layout that uses all of the elevation available, and actually makes you throw on the defined fairways
- no holes that seem repetitive
- the baskets have been painted bright lime green within the last week, so they are easily noticeable
Cons: - hard to follow without a local or a map
- poor tee markings (usually just a log or wood beam marks the front end of the tee. about half of the holes have bright yellow trash cans near the tees)
- many congested fairways due to lack of course maintenance (no trimming of brush, etc.)
- can be easy to lose a disc with all the desert scrub bushes in the fairways, so watch your shots like a hawk
Other Thoughts: This course can be just as windy as Desert Sands in Palmdale, but because it's longer you get to work on your drives in the wind instead of just your approaches.
The places that I was most confused when trying to follow the course were between 2 & 3 (tee 3 is near tee 1, and throws over the horseshoe pits), and between 5 & 6 (from basket 5, walk west [down the valley] and you will see tee 6 in about 50'-75')
I was pleasantly surprised at this course. It was much more legit than I expected after reading the other reviews. One thing that I thought was cool for a backwoods 9 holer like this is that the baskets are moveable. They're just cemented into tires, so too heavy to steal, but you can roll them to make the layout a little different each time, if you want. All in all this is a more quality course than Palmdale, but still too far out of the way to take a side trip to unless you live, or are staying in the Antelope Valley. But it's a pretty drive to get up there too.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.