Hoffman Estates, IL

My Favorite Illinois Course

1    9/12/2015   9/13/2015
Review By: mceskri
This review was updated on 9/24/2015
Pros: Like others have said, this course is short, but don't let that fool you. There are about 4 or so holes that are mandatory to shoot over the water, which makes it tough but fun. Turf tee pads are a plus, and some utilize the concrete path, which i thought was fine. The signs are really nice as well and it's easy to navigate.
Cons: I don't really have anything to complain about! I guess the only thing that could be done would be to have next tee signs, but they aren't really necessary. We went around 9am on a saturday, and we noticed it was getting a bit crowded by the time we left around 11am.
Other Thoughts: Don't let the pictures fool you, they are very outdated. New signage is awesome. This is my new favorite course in Illinois. I love the technical shots that you have to take here through the woods. Challenging course and I absolutely will go back. I shot an even par here, and as an intermediate player, I think some of the more advanced players can easily shoot under par.

Great Park

5+    4/10/2012   4/20/2012
Review By: Aceseekr
Pros: Great Course, long, short, water and wooded holes. Never crowded, always maintained. Wind is never a factor and the pictures on this page don't do the course justice.
Cons: Swamp on hole 4 and 10 may have 5 of my discs in there.
Other Thoughts: I drive 50 min every Saturday to play here.