3 Helpful / 1 Not
Best Course in Adrian, But That's Not Saying Much...
Pros: 1. Good use of the existing land features (Raisin River, slight elevation, some woods).
2. Some variety. There are a couple wooded holes on the Front 9 that add the most enjoyment to this course. The Back 9 features some opportunities for big bomber drives.
3. Maintenance is pretty "up to par" out here, as the park gets decent use for other on-site activities.
4. Dual tees. Always a nice option, especially if you're a local and don't want to play the same course repeatedly.
Cons: 1. Too many open holes with few obstacles. The longest hole out here, if I remember correctly, was just an open field with literally no obstacles...come on, give me SOMETHING in the way of risk/reward!
2. It would be nice to see the Raisin River utilized on some more holes, but given the wide floodplain in the surrounding area (when the river is up, it literally swallows most of the playable area on the Back 9...play at your own risk!).
3. Tee signs? Where are they? At least, where were they when I played? Adrian's kind of a dumpy little town in my opinion, so it wouldn't suprise me to hear that there WERE signs out here at one point that got jacked or vandalized by the numerous redneck and/or "gangsta" kids overrunning this town. A course directory would also be nice...
Other Thoughts: I'll probably go back here and play again, since my wife's family lives in Adrian and we frequently visit, but I'd only return because the other "courses" (9-holers) in Adrian don't seem to stay in the ground due to vandalism, etc. It'd be nice to see the community get more involved in taking care of their courses, but it's not like this is the only city where this happens. I'd imagine that, given the demise of the other area courses, it's tough to get sponsors to pay for new holes/improvements/additions.
3 of 4 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Nice course front nine is fun to play at any skill level and is challenging from the long tees, back 9 is longer than front 9 and is more open for big arms.Course has pretty much no waiting and is free to play which is great
Cons: When it rains hard back 10,11,12,13,14,15 gets flooded
Other Thoughts: Course has been changed somewhat, there are new tee signs going up soon if not already and there has been talk about expanding to 24 holes
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Good Course If You Know Where To Go
Pros: A good course with a lot of variety. Two sets of tees for beginners and pros alike. Quite open with only a few wooded holes. It is very possible to get a good score if you can bomb a few on the long holes. There is hardly anyone on the course. Ever.
Cons: The river can be pretty, but don't throw too hard. Losing a disc in the river is saying goodbye forever. Look out for the soy bean fields too. I didn't particularly like the grass tees, either. Needs signs despite a map available online.
Other Thoughts: It is a nice course, but desperately needed signs. When I first played this course, the river was swollen due to a recent storm, and not knowing where it was on several holes made this course an extreme headache. Play with an Adrian native for directions. One hole in particular has the river running on one side and soy bean fields on the other: damned if you do, damned if you don't (skipping it might make this course a lot more enjoyable).
0 Helpful / 2 Not
Great Course For beginers
Pros: Very open. Being a new player it didn't hurt me if I was a little off on my drives. There are a few longer holes for the big arms out there.
Cons: Needs tee signs replaced and or score cards with maps. The soy bean fields love to eat discs ( I've lost one and found a few). Barbed wire on the ground near basket 2. WATCH where you step!
Other Thoughts: I can play a round by myself in just barely over an hour. Sad to say but practically nobody on the course at any time of the day.
Made some changes to the course on a few holes since i was last there. Hole 2's basket is now in the woods behind where it used to be. Awesome! Just don't got to far right of the basket ( drop off and barbed wire on the ground). All in all had a great time today and Al is an awesome host for an awesome league!
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.