College Corner, OH
Disctractions DGC Share
Uploaded By: kingjames1014 Hole #16 (Taken 11/2012)
Hole #16A Tee

DISCtractions DGC

5+    9/28/2013   10/5/2013
Review By: joshtrum
Pros: - Shaded course
- Well maintained
- New Baskets
- Challenging
Cons: - Fairways still need some work(other thoughts)
Other Thoughts: I feel some of the fairways could be better defined. Some holes you don't have a clear line for a shot. I find myself shaping shots through the trees and either making it through, or hitting a tree and it is not a skill issue. It is simply some shots you have to make are unavailable due to one or two extra trees in the way. I do like that this course is designed for more technical skill than just bombing out drives, but a few cut down trees would make this course still very technically challenging while helping new players learn to use different shots and be rewarded for hitting proper lines. In my opinion a course should challenge pros or players of higher skill, while also having well defined fairways so that new players can learn properly what ways to throw and why. This only applies to a few holes as you can see the course designer(Hank) has put in a lot of work and this course shows it. Overall I gave the course a 4 because these issues are outweighed by the beauty, overall design, and just natural fun of the course. I have only played the A tees so far, but next time I get out I will be playing the B placements. I look foward to playing here in the future.

Ohios Addison Oaks

2-4    8/25/2012   8/25/2012
Review By: preludedrew
This review was updated on 10/7/2012
Pros: Excellent Wooded course, though some tees need better green signs, the scenery is gorgeous, the drives are nice and long with a few short ones, great view of the lake on the first few holes.
Cons: Need signs and pictures for the rest of the holes, like the first few do.
Other Thoughts: Takes a while to drive to the lodge where the course is located, but worth it.

Challenge

5+    10/17/2011   4/17/2012
Review By: Devilduck discgolf
Pros: I like the risk and reward factors here, great views ,great teepads, and great basket placements
Cons: the fairways need to be cleaned up alittle and constant storm damage makes it tough , Not enough volunteer work goes into it ,
Other Thoughts: Great design !

Nice Course

5+    6/5/2011   6/15/2011
Review By: uglytater
Pros: Multiple Launch Pads, Shade from trees, hard to loose a disc as there isn't much brush, not too busy, adding 9 more holes and I've heard they might add multiple basket locations for each hole to have a unique round each time, plenty of parking
Cons: You're going to be throwing and hitting a lot of trees as you're in the middle of the woods, need to have a map the first time you play
Other Thoughts: I really like this course, each time I've played I've had a very enjoyable experience and they're working to make it an even nicer course by adding more holes and more character.