Galena, OH
The Player's DGC Share
Uploaded By: A.Mutt Hole #12 (Taken 3/2010)

1 2 3 Next >
 Great Course with Great Potential

2-4    11/29/2009   11/29/2009
Review By: DPOW
This review was updated on 12/7/2009
Pros: +Another disc golf course in Columbus
+Will provide great seasonal variety
+Cool water hazards
+Beautiful scenery
+Beach holes
+Isolated from other outdoor activities/roads from getting in the way
Cons: -Holes where you're basically driving into a bunch of trees
-Pathways from tee box to basket not
cleared for walking or clear flight path
-No true bomber holes
-No pars provided on the signs
-Dirt/mud tee pads (I'm not a fan)
-Needs small bridges to cross water (I had to trek through deep mud)
Other Thoughts: POTENTIAL POTENTIAL POTENTIAL!! After just finishing my first round at The Player's DGC @ Alum Creek SP the first thing I have to say is this course has the makings to become a very special disc golf course in Columbus, Ohio. For those in love with wooded courses, you will love this course. All of the holes except for two or three of them are surrounded by trees.

There are various water hazards, which when the season changes, should change and increase with difficult. The couple holes along the beach are absolutely BEAUTIFUL and breathe taking.

Give this course another year of development and care, and I believe it will shape up to be GREAT, ten times better than what it is now. Right now there's still a lot of stumps and trees that just don't seem to fit the holes, and obstruct a clear flight path.

Overall, I loved the course and I'm very happy with it. It's always great to have more disc golf in the area. This is a very difficult course. I only see it getting better and improving upon itself in the near future.

Good Course, Great one with some work

1    11/27/2009   11/27/2009
Review By: Bikinimower
This review was updated on 8/9/2010
Pros: Next to my House
A Couple of Really Cool Water Hazard Holes.
I'm a big fan of Nature type Wooded Holes
Hole No. 7 was a Neat Hole
You can tell it could be awesome with just a little more work
A couple of really good risk/reward shots. Sometimes it forces you to think before you throw
The land they used is really good for Disc Golf
You play the first 2 holes and then you have to cross the street but other than that navigating this course is very easy
Cons: Pars not Listed on the signs (I just assumed they were all par 3's)
Tee pads can be muddy depending on the weather
Some of the wooded holes can be too dense, not an realistic established flight path you have to rely on luck. Just chuck it and hope it goes at least 200 feet or so before it hits the inevitable tree
Be Careful. The course is new so there are lots and lots of tiny tree stubs and roots to trip over.
A few filler holes but not many
No big elevation changes
Some Bridges and Tee Pads would be nice
Other Thoughts: It's funny, for years now I've lived in this area and I always wished for a course in that park. I always thought it was the perfect place for disc golf. So imagine my surprise when I got on DGCourse review and saw that they had just put one in. The next day I was out in the mud, rain and the snow ready to test it out.

It's nice course and I like it a lot. I still needs some work though. But any time there's a course in a public park you can be pretty sure that it will be taken care of. Maybe widen some fairways and remove some stumps. I can't wait to see how this course looks when Spring, Summer and Early Fall come back around. Also some small Bridges to cross the water would be helpful

The Tee Pads are natural, some people don't like dirt but I think I actually prefer it. They can get pretty muddy depending on the weather. The signs are good enough but they don't list the pars

The first 3 holes are nothing special but then you go into the woods and the course picks up. they're fun but can be a little too thick. Also every hole that water comes into play on is fantastic. I can see a lot of people losing Discs, especially if the water rises.

I happy to have this place nearby, especially in the summer and on weekends when Brent Hambric becomes too crowded. It's good now but you can tell it's just gonna get better

1 2 3 Next >