Course Extinct
Whitesburg, GA
Flyboy Aviation Share
Uploaded By: craigd Hole #15 (Taken 9/2010)
Hole #15 Tee: "Damnit" (Righty's Revenge); Challenging 960' that plays along the shore and dam then uphill just to the right of the woods. There is a tight route through the woods to the left for the lefty's, but it is tough.

Needs more stars

1    10/11/2011   10/11/2011
Review By: TheOtherBill
This review was updated on 10/13/2011
Pros: I can't contribute more than what Bennett and the others have said, although I would stress the hospitality is better than most 5-star hotels I've stayed at. If you can only play the course, do so, but if there is any way you can stay the night, DO SO!
Cons: Had to add ONE MINOR THING, but not a con...be alert for chiggers if you get off the fairway, I've counted over 20 bites on just one ankle after a bad bounce off the fairway.
Other Thoughts: There really needs to be a whole new rating for Flyboy, or just none at all because there is no comparison. This is the 68th different course I've played, and all the others are now just land with disc golf baskets on it.

Incomparable

1    10/7/2011   10/11/2011
Review By: BennettUA
Pros: This review isn't going to re-hash everything you already know about Flyboy, nor will it reveal all its treasures. Just want to add another 5* to a course that really goes up to 11.

The 5.0 rating on this site is only listed as "Best of the Best." The only qualifier for that is Flyboy. For any enthusiast of this sport, this is your pinnacle destination.

Everyone has told you how great the course is, and everyone is correct.
This could have been an average 18-hole course of medium length and would still be highly rated. When you see how much land this course uses, and how well that land and the challenges around it are used, and wrap your head around how much more drive it took to design to 27 holes of such incredible caliber....yeah, this course will make you rant, too....

Everyone also mentions how clean the course is. Immaculate. Pristine.

The little things are what you can't get from reviews of how epic the course is.
Throwing Flyboy feels like you're playing disc golf on a private disc golf country club, and essentially, you are. This is not a city park; this is not just another great private course; and this is not a disc golf course on a ball golf course -- this is a private, quiet, premium track of land dedicated to only the disc golf course, a few houses, hangars, and taxiways for the airplanes.

The little things add more than just background flavor -- the names of the holes; the sign pointing to DeLaVeaga, Idlewild, etc; the beautiful benches; the pads and brooms; the flags on the baskets; the directional signs; the flow and variety; what could possibly be done to make this place any better has been done already.

Plain and simple -- if you listed your criteria for what disc golf in heaven will be like, Flyboy can meet all those marks. Challenge? Variety? Hospitality to the 100th power?

Some might knock the course for not having cement teepads, but when you're there, you realize that the rubber pads are the best way to go -- moveable if need be, and the cleanest rubber pads I've ever seen -- Kelly works harder than anyone sees to keep the pads level, and sweeps them with the provided brooms at every tee. I think most people don't like rubber pads because they get soft spots, or the "dents" underneath the pad. I was careful to watch on all pads, and never was there an issue, and it's clear watching Kelly sweep the pads that he babies them as much or more than any part of the course.

Kelly is an ambassador like no other for the sport of disc golf. His attention to detail is inspiring. We've all dreamed of hitting it big, and then building our own personal disc golf mecca -- but to actually do it, to have the dedication, know-how, drive, and passion to bring this vision to fruition, I don't know that many would actually deliver, and if they did, it would STILL be an uphill battle to compete with the experience of Flyboy.

Another, completely seperate 18-hole course was designed for Flygirls. That's 27 plus 18. Granted it's not there year-round, but just shows you that this place truly goes beyond everything you could ever ask for in the top disc golf course.

And don't forget the dogs. Even they realize how great this place is!
Cons: You're joking, right? Cons? I've given this an honest effort, but I can't think of anything here.

Some may say "there's a couple filler holes." Hogwash. Do you want the whole course to be over 500' every hole? Every course NEEDS a few holes that give you a mental break from the long drives and bigger challenges. The par 3s are not gimmies, any duece here will warrant an ear-to-ear grin. They are strategically placed for variety and to take advantage of the land. When you DO get a duece chance, DON'T BLOW IT!
Other Thoughts: I want to elaborate on ALL the details -- but some things at Flyboy you have to experience for yourself, and I'm not going to expose all of her secrets.

I could rant all day about this place, and THAT'S why it should be the ONLY 5-star course on this site. Flyboy leaves you speechless and wanting to tell the world at the same time. You won't leave saying "I'm glad I survived that" like some of the other highest-ranked courses. You WILL leave saying "Do I really have to go back to my pedestrian disc golf life?"

If there is disc golf in heaven, Flyboy is the only course you'll play.

Augusta National of Disc Golf

1    9/16/2011   9/18/2011
Review By: JohtoVillage
Pros: There's not much more I can say compared to what's already been said. This is simply the best disc golf course in the world....by a wide margin. I have played a lot of the top courses in the world (Flip City, Blueberry, Highbridge Gold, Deer Lakes, Idlewild, Tyler State Park, etc) and Flyboy Aviation is well beyond anything I have ever witnessed. The course had 7 legitimate signature holes and has the two greatest holes in all of disc golf (#3 and #15). I can't even begin to describe the experience Kelly has created at Flyboy. From the moment you email Kelly...to the moment you arrive and are greeted with lunch from Kelly's Mom....to the AMAZING hangar....to the planes sitting around the practice area.....to the actual course....its unbelievable. Kelly has created the ultimate disc golf experience. I rate courses based on the following items: fairness, beauty, challenge, fun factor, variety, and "other." I will touch on them briefly starting with "other":

1) Other - Directions between holes were great; baskets were great; course was in immaculate condition; tee pads were fine in my opinion. I know some complained about the tee pads, but I was okay with them. It sounds like Kelly is going to be getting some more rubber pads and I think it would be beneficial to place those behind one another instead of side by side. All in all, the "other" factor was great.

2) Fairness - None of the holes at Flyboy are considered unfair or ridiculous. Challenging....yes. Hole 10 had a tight gap and looked like a poke and hope hole from the tee but there was a defined fairway to the right once you got up there. The course was very fair.

3) Beauty - On a scale of 100, Flyboy would rate over 1000. This course is the most beautiful piece of disc golf land....period. From the water to the elevation to the green grass and mowed fairways to the woods.....simply breathtaking.

4) Challenge - The course is a par 96 and includes four legitimate par 5's and six par 4's. It stretches over 13,000 feet and has eleven shots with water coming into play. Its a challenge!!!!!

5) Fun Factor - This is where Flyboy really hammers the experience home. When I played Idlewild and Highbridge Gold I felt like I "survived" the round. After playing Flyboy I felt overjoyed and amazed. I have never had more fun on the disc golf course. Period.

6) Variety - The variety on the course was extreme. You went from playing a monster par 5 carved through the woods (hole #7) to a short 250 foot par 3 (#8) to a breathtaking, downhill par 4 with a lake in the background (#9). The variety was awesome....wooded shots, open shots, water shots, uphill shots, downhill bombs....forced two shot par 4's, driveable par 4's, etc etc etc. This course had everything!
Cons: Every course has room for improvement - the only thing I can add to what is already the greatest course in the world is this: hole 4 seemed to be a tweener hole. It was an awesome hole, but it didn't really appear to be a dueceable par 3. Making it a par 4 wouldn't be right either, as its not really a par 4. Par is an arbitrary number anyways, but it may be beneficial to simply move the basket closer to the tee and making it a true par 3 or extending the basket further up the hill (or moving the tee back) to make it a true par 4. Still a cool hole!
Other Thoughts: It does not get any better than Flyboy. Period. Kelly has created the ultimate disc golf course. Treat it with respect and make a nice donation. I cannot stress enough.....this course is the greatest course in the world. Treat it that way. If you want to play the Augusta National of Disc Golf....this is it.

Much more than just a disc golf course...

1    9/12/2011   9/13/2011
Review By: BmaEngnr92
Pros: - Love the rubber mats on teeing areas
- Well manicured property
- One of the most scenic courses I've ever played
- Fair lanes; no chuck and luck holes
- Great mix of hyzer, anny, and straight shots
- Great mix of long/open, long/tight, and short/technical holes; really tests every shot in your bag
Cons: - I really can't think of any at the moment. If you want me to really nitpick, I'd say add more holes so I can play longer ;).
Other Thoughts: There's really not much I can add to the previous reviews, as they seem to represent the course and experience very well. Therefore, I will give a brief review of the course, and then describe my experience playing Flyboy.

In short, the course is simply amazing. I haven't had the chance to play Flip City, Idlewild, or other courses of the same magnitude, but I have played many courses across the US. In my 2.5 years of playing disc golf, this is the best course I have played. I'm a real fan of the rubber mats that Kelly utilizes as tees throughout the course. Also, the fairways are immaculate. I've played ball golf since I was 15, and these fairways, whether it was the clear definition of a lane, or the quality of grass of a landing area, reminded me very much of a ball golf course. There is a great mix of long, technical, righty, lefty, and straight shots, and this course really tests every facet of one's game. However, despite the length of the course, it plays very fair, and good shots will be rewarded. If one takes a big score on a hole, it's simply due to poor shots. Not once did I feel I put a good move on a throw, only to have it end up in poor position. If you're looking for a course with a few great holes and many easy, "take a break" holes, this isn't it. Every hole here is great. I truly mean that, and I can't think back and label any hole a "filler." Each hole presented a unique challenge and added character to the course. The course also has a few "unique" features that I will not spoil for those of you whom have not played Flyboy yet, but will advise you to keep a keen eye of your surroundings when playing ;).

Now, on to my particular experience. Realizing I had one more week in Atlanta (for work), and finding out I had the afternoon off, I called Kelly around noon to see if I could get in a round. I wasn't fully expecting for it to work, considering it was very last minute. However, Kelly made himself available for the afternoon so I could get in a much desired round at this phenomenal course. Upon arriving I was greeted by Kelly, his parents Wayne and Lillian, and their two pups, Max and Morgan (she's a real peach, that Morgan!). Kelly gave me a tour of the hangar, which was absolutely fantastic. From the awesome tables crafted by Kelly, to the unique use of old airline seating, the place felt unique and genuine. I didn't stay in the B&B in the hangar, but after seeing it, I would certainly recommend a stay for those traveling from out of town. I plan to bring my wife back for a stay in the hangar and day of disc golf fun.

After the tour Kelly and I set out upon a great round of frolfing. Kelly took the time to thoroughly explain every nuance on every hole, to ensure I got the most out of my round. As we played, Kelly also picked up sticks, rocks, and other debris (required maintenance, this place is massive) that could take away from the course. I didn't mind at all, and actually enjoyed seeing Kelly's love for the property through his actions. Even though I had never met Kelly, it almost felt like I was somehow part of this course and its history while playing and watching him do little things here and there to keep the course top quality.

Before I knew it, we were finishing the first 21, and decided to take a break at the hangar before finishing the round. I didn't plan on being served since my arrival was so spontaneous, but the ever gracious Lillian had some fresh cut watermelon and a soda waiting for us at the table. What a treat! Perhaps my favorite part of the round was this moment; just sitting in the hangar, having some watermelon fresh out of the garden, and chatting with Kelly as if we were old friends. This was another great chance to show some love to Morgan, as she has quite the nose for a good snack!

After a great snack and much needed break, we headed back out of finish the round. All I can say is hole 22 is quite a gem! We finished the round fairly quickly from that point, and I can honestly say I was a bit sad to see the last basket. I thought I would be tired or ready for the round to end, but when seeing the final basket, I immediately felt a yearning for the next tee pad. This course will do that to you.

We finished the day with another quick chat over a soda and Kelly showed me some things he has in mind for the future, while I browsed through his disc collection in the pro shop. I donated some money, and looking back, I wish I would have donated more. After arriving home and thinking about the experience, I felt as if all I did was take from Kelly and his parents. They are truly special people who made me feel welcome from the moment I arrived. This is a course and experience that breeds a desire to help in any way possible to keep this going. And if you decide to make the trip, please keep that in mind. I would have easily paid $20 or $30 for this experience had Kelly demanded such, but he didn't, and only hoped for my enjoyment.

Thanks Kelly for a great day of disc golf. I can't wait to get back and do this again!

Favorite Holes: 2, 3, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 21, 22, 23, 25, 26, and the CTP dock shot

Disc Golf Heaven

5+    9/2/2011   9/12/2011
Review By: atl scott
Pros: Hospitality - I have always been treated like royalty!
Design - This course challenges every part of your game!
Fun - The whole experience is a dream come true!
Maddie - She swam out and retrieved my disc for me!!!
video here: http://www.facebook.com/video...&comments
Cons: It's too far away now that I'm living in Charlotte!
Other Thoughts: Flyboy is truly a destination for disc golfers. Kelly and family have gone to extreme lengths to welcome all comers to their little (private) piece of awesomeness. I'm glad they are so willing to share!

My last experience there was by far the best. I had a rushed morning and was late for my tee time (of course Kelly never brought this to my attention even though there was a group waiting to tee off after us) and I had managed to only bring one sock. I want to mention that I would have braved it and played with only one sock, but of course Kelly was so kind as to complete the pair for me!

One of the most fantastic feelings in disc golf is when you find yourself totally relaxed as if you were a thousand miles away from any stress. It only took me until my tee shot on hole 2 to find that feeling! That's hard to come by and I had a smile on my face for the rest of the round! It's a good thing because you need to be in a good place before you tee off for hole 3.

Which brings me to my next point. Several of my favorite holes in disc golf are on one course. Hole 3 is always a highlight, and most often I wish I could play it again right after I putt out. It is a great combination of a tee shot to a landing zone followed by a long approach over water with a putt on a windy peninsula.

Hole 13 is a bomb downhill that with a little control you can leave yourself a birdie putt. It's difficult to take a 2 and easy to take a 4 here. Great hole.

I think hole 15 is the toughest hole on the course and it was a pleasure to get Kelly's take on it as we played. 2 long drives in a row that need to fly primarily over water make for a true challenge. Walking away with a par 5 feels good on this hole!

Maddie the golden retriever is an awesome dog and she was always on the hunt for a disc to retrieve. She seemed to know when you were looking for a disc in the woods and would help out, and she watched each shot over water earnestly, hoping she would have the opportunity to rescue one (which she did on hole 15 for me and hole 25 for Kelly!) I will have to bring her a little something next time I am able to visit.

Holes 9, 20, 21, 23, 24, and 25 all also come to mind as incredible holes!

If you play here you would be remiss to not take up the offer for lunch. After eating lunch I felt that my $10 donation (for play and food) was not nearly enough! A perfectly made sandwich, choice of drinks, chips, and dessert, and several cold slices of watermelon were just what I needed before finishing the last 8 holes. (We came back to finish the watermelon off after the round was over.) Kelly also had cold waters stashed in coolers at strategic points along the course which was like a breath of fresh air out there.

Kelly also went out of his way to offer me a gift for my birthday (as I had gone out of my way to make the trip to play it). It was a generous surprise and I just didn't know what to say. I felt like he had already given so much and all I did was take while I was there, but he always smiled and genuinely seemed to enjoy the fact that I was enjoying it so much!

So much love and hard work has gone into making this place special and you can tell it every step of the way. I have never heard a bad word about the course or hospitality and I would listen in disbelief if someone was ever negative.

Thank you Kelly. If I had to only play 1 disc golf course the rest of my life, this would be it. Remember when you play here to respect the property, neighborhood, and course and with a little luck we will enjoy it for many years to come.

Greatest Course Ever!!!!!!!!

2-4    9/2/2011   9/6/2011
Review By: Spc. Dennis
Pros: Great use of the Land in the Community
Unique Community and Surroundings
Test Every Skill Shot you Have in Your Bag
Friendly Hosts and Neighbors
Great Change From Your Everyday Course's
Lunch, Disc, Drinks, Shirts, Hats, and Towels all for Sale on Site
Cons: I Can't Play EveryDay!!!!!!!!!!!
I Always Lose Atleast One Disc (maybe I should get better)
Other Thoughts: Wish it Wasn't Private, Maybe Could Charge 5 Dollars a Player and Let as Many in as Wanted to Play. Thanks for all the Hard Work Kelly!!!!!!

This is the Best of the Best

1    8/2/2011   8/2/2011
Review By: olemiss5931
Pros: -Every shot is put into play here. Sidearms, backhand, turnovers, rollers, anhyzer, and hyzer. Everyone of these are needed.
-Holes like 3,15, and 27 and others are some of the most memorable holes in disc golf.
-The hospitality here is simply amazing! Kelly's parents are some of the nicest people i have ever met. The food was great, and the B&B is super amazing! STAY THERE!!
Cons: That every course isnt like this! There arent really any cons to this course.
Other Thoughts: If you love disc golf, then this is the ultimate disc golf mecca. This is the future of disc golf right here.

THE Country Club

1    7/22/2011   8/2/2011
Review By: Prometheus
Pros: Flyboy Aviation is "THE Country Club" of disc golf - not in a snobby or pretentious manner, but in a first-class, it just doesn't get any better than this kinda way.
My two teen-aged sons and I traveled from East Tennessee to Atlanta to catch a couple of concerts and hit all the coasters at Six Flags. A couple of days before leaving I found "Flyboy" on this website. I sent Kelly an email asking permission to play and we were lucky enough to catch him in town, yes, he's a pilot. Like any good country club, you need advance permission to play the course and a club member to play along with. Fellow pilot, Brad got us started on the course while Kelly was "out on the tractor" helping out one of his neighbors. Kelly met us on the third tee - the signature hole on his signature course.
The best courses employ caddies - Flyboy is caddied by Mattie, the "retriever," and a couple of other friendly pooches. I threw one into the lake on hole 15, it stayed up on the lily pads, but far enough out that I wasn't too keen on going in after it. When we got to my disc, Kelly told Mattie to "go get the disc," whereupon the caddie swam out and gently brought the disc back to shore - totally cool. I think Brad videoed the retrieval and I hope he can post it.
The best country clubs are well manicured gems situated on beautiful real estate. Flyboy is all that - and a bag of chips - a bag of chips and a fresh sandwich and homemade brownies and an ice-cold drink served by Lillian, Kelly's mom, while we cooled off in the hangar before playing the last six holes. While some of those snobby country clubs will have a higher priced menu, none of them serve better food in a nicer setting than Flyboy. Order the lunch!
Country club golf is not for the fellers that wanna hightail an ungoverned, gas powered golf car, loaded with cigarettes and beer, taking turns swearing on their cell phones and cursing golf balls. If you have the chance to play Flyboy take the day off, leave your phone in the car and ENJOY a round of golf with friends, friends that you bring, and friends like Kelly and Brad. Thanks guys,
Cons: We live five hours away. It does take a long time to play all 27 holes.
If Kelly had a little more stuff with the Flyboy logo we would have spent more on "mementos."
Other Thoughts: Next time that we plan to be in the area, we will ask about staying at the parents' B-n-B...they are really great folks!

1    6/25/2011   8/1/2011
Review By: tamahawk
This review was updated on 8/2/2011
Pros: Nestled into the small community of Whitesburg, GA, Flyboy Aviation offers a pro level disc golf course with great aesthetics and challenging layout, but the concept behind Flyboy Aviation is much greater than this. Designed and created by Kelly Leggette, Flyboy Aviation is a very unique and complete disc golf experience that clearly portrays what the sport of disc golf is all about. From the moment you pull into the driveway, it is very evident that everything at Flyboy Aviation is done with excellence. Initial impressions of the course and its facilities were astonishing to say the least. Most all of the reviewers talk about their "experience" at Flyboy, that is exactly what Kelly was aiming for and that is exactly what he has successfully created and has so graciously shared with the disc golf community.

Course Design & Layout:
-Holes: 27
-Length: 13,000ft. (Avg: 481ft/Hole)
-Par: 95
-Fairway Variety: Left (8), Right (3), Left then Right (1), Right then Left (2), Straight (13)
-Elevation Variety: Up (5), Dn (7), Valley (2), Flat (13)
-Holes With Water Hazards: 11

Course Essentials:
-Baskets: Mix of modified DB-5s and Innova DISCatchers
-Tee Pads: Rubber (Except #5, Tee From Paved Road)
-Signs: Laminated signs located on all 27 holes that display the hole layout, distance and par.

Course Description:
The setting for this world-class, professional caliber course could not be any more perfect. The course is creatively designed throughout a community airpark with a vast amount of land and resources. Kelly has worked with the developer of this community, and its neighbors, to utilize this amazing property and transform it into what is simply the most splendid and picturesque disc golf course that I have ever seen. There are many trees/tree-lines that are used to shape the fairways, and a total of 3 ponds and couple of small creeks that come into play on 11 of the 27 holes. The current course configuration is 27 holes with access back to the hangar/parking area after holes 19, 21, 22, and 23. The rubber tee pads are mostly flush with the ground and provide a nice "grippy" surface from which to throw. Brooms have been placed near all of the tee pads to brush away debris which can affect the grip of the pad. The baskets are a mixed variety (DB-5s and DISCatchers), and laminated signs are located on every hole that clearly defines the hole layout, length and par.

Flyboy Aviation contains some of the most scenic and brilliantly designed holes in all of disc golf. Each hole at Flyboy Aviation has its own unique personality and the holes are even named based on these features and characteristics (see photo descriptions). There is nothing about the layout that seems repetitive or "filler". The course design was thouroughly planned and well executed; the layout takes full advantage of the available elevations and resources that are offered throughout the property. Overall, Flyboy is a very long and challenging course, but the fairways were designed so that the technical aspect of each hole will match the length of the hole, which makes the course fair. If you plan and execute a great throw, you will get great results. There are no "pin-ball" type fairways that require luck over skill to navigate, or random trees in the middle of the line to knock down what was otherwise a well-placed drive. The course has great variety in all aspects of design including fairway shapes, shot selection, elevations, length, layout, and pin placements ( i.e. flat, up/down, and sidehill putts).

Flyboy offers several true par 4 (6total) and par 5 (4total) holes that are evenly distributed throughout the layout. There are no wide open holes on the course; all fairways are defined by trees and/or water hazards, so consistent play and shot execution is critical to scoring well on this course. Flyboy Aviation also includes a few course design features that create some interesting aesthetic qualities such as the elevated basket installed on a downed tree on hole 13, the buried basket on 22, the deep grass bunkers that have been added to the fairway for hole 7, and the optional "dock" shot (CTP) between holes 9 &10 where you walk out onto a small boating dock and throw a 195ft shot across the pond to the basket on 14. (You will pick the disc up when you get to hole14.)

Navigation/Maintenance:
-The course flows well given the size/length of the design, and navigational aids are in place where needed. With that being said, this course can only be played with a designated course guide, so navigation is a non-issue.
-The course is lengthy and has many elevation changes, it will take 4-5hrs to complete your round including a 30min lunch break after 19holes. Between the length and elevations, the course is pretty physically demanding. Benches and water casks are available throughout the course.
-Flyboy Aviation and all of its facilities are super clean, it is evident from the moment you pull into the driveway that Kelly and his family are very proud of Flyboy Aviation and work very hard to make sure that it is very well maintained. The course itself was pristine and well manicured.

Amenities:
-Pro Shop that is stocked with lots of new and used discs
-Snacks and water available at the Pro Shop
-Restrooms at the hangar and also on course near hole 7/8
-Practice Basket
-Water casks w/fresh, iced-down water throughout the course
-Brooms on ALL holes to clean debris from the tee pads
-Benches on various holes throughout the course
-Camping on-site
-Very nice Bed & Breakfast facilities
-Lunch provided for a small fee

A few notes:
-Most people, myself included, would typically list "mixed baskets" and "rubber tee pads" as a con, but I think that Flyboy is an exception. A large majority of the course is installed on land that is owned by the property developer and/or it's neighbors, who have all generously allowed Kelly to build the course on and through their property. With that being said, it only makes sense to use the temp baskets and rubber tees, so I believe that this is valid justification for the design.

-It is highly likely that you will lose a couple of discs, bring some old discs that you don't mind giving up to the water hazards. Drop zones are available, but if you are any where close to being able to pull off the shots across the pond, it is worth trying to make it and losing a disc to experience the full scope of the course design. (I lost 1 disc on 3, and 1 disc on 6)

-Flyboy Aviation is not beginner friendly, it is a professional level course that is long and challenging and can by physically demanding with the length and elevations. I recommend anyone to play here, but having a little experience under your belt before making a trip to play at Flyboy will make your day here that much better. New players may find the course to be extremely difficult and frustrating.
The inception of Flyboy disc golf is best explained by Kelly himself in a short word document that he sent me prior to my visit to Whitesburg. Please take time to read this short article "Flyboy Field of Dreams" (located in the Links/Files tab of the DGCR homepage) to understand what Flyboy Aviation is all about from the designers perspective. Kelly graciously invited us into the shop and gave us a tour of the hangar and bed & breakfast facilities prior to our round of golf. He made sure that we had snacks/water before heading out to the course, and brought along some extras for us too! We got to play the course with Kelly, PDGA Pro Phil Arthur, and Phil's daughter, Faith. My experience at Flyboy was just as other reviewers have described, despite being the lowest ranked player in the group by far, I was treated as an honored guest and never felt rushed or hurried during any point of the 4.5hrs we were on the course.

Everything about our experience of Flyboy Aviation was fantastic, from the initial contact with Kelly via email through the end of our day at Flyboy Aviation. My girlfriend planned this trip for me for my Father's Day gift. She has just started playing a little disc golf this year, but she doesn't throw very far yet, so we typically play alternate shot so that we can enjoy the sport together. She walked the course with us, but was so inspired by the experience that she had (even though she didn't play) that she has started playing her own disc and is wanting to play more and learn more about disc golf.

Kelly and his family are all remarkable people who have worked hard to create an unforgettable experience for everyone who visits Flyboy Aviation. Kelly's mother, Lillian, had prepared a great lunch that was ready for us after hole 19 (fresh sandwich w/chips, drink and a brownie). We drove 6hrs from central Ky to play this course, and it was well worth the trip!!! Even with all that Flyboy has to offer, Kelly is continuously working to improve the course and make it even better, I'm excited to see how this course will evolve over the next few years. I highly recommend anyone who is serious about disc golf to add this course to their wish list and schedule a time to come and enjoy the experience that awaits at Flyboy Aviation!

A special thanks to Kelly and his family, Brad Orman (the course pro), Phil Arthur, and Faith Arthur for making this the absolute most enjoyable disc golf experience of our lives, and for the hospitality and kindness that was shown to us during our visit!

THE FUTURE IS HERE!

1    7/21/2011   7/26/2011
Review By: Bub Hill
Pros: Simply the most enjoyable round of disc golf I've experienced in my 15-plus years in the sport. This is the future of our great sport. It has it all. Long, open holes, short, tactical holes and a combination of both. And what scenic beauty surrounds this paradise. This 27 hole tract has at least 10 or more holes that would be signature holes on most any other course. And don't get me started on the hospitality! What great people Kelly and his parents are. I almost felt embarrassed to be doted over so much, ALMOST!. You really need to stay at the Flyboy if you come, you do not want to miss out on this experience. You'll find nothing like it anywhere else.
Cons: The only con I had was that after playing here on Thursday it made the last three days of our disc golf trip almost anticlimactic.
Other Thoughts: I can not wait to get some of my other disc golf buddies and get back to this incredible place. If you haven't given the Flyboy a test flight, you're really missing out!