Austin, TX
Austin Ridge Bible Church Share
Uploaded By: judson Hole #3 (Taken 12/2009)

Pros and Die Hards Only

1    3/22/2012   3/22/2012
Review By: hefalump
Pros: You can work with what land a place gives you and John Houck did his very best with this course. Trouble is, John Houck is a pro and most of us disc golfers aren't. I found this course very difficult and impossible to par any hole. It also doesn't hurt to be part mountain goat due to the heavy terrain. Holes 1 through 3 play in a circle around the creek and 2's pro tee plays off a high cliff face. When I played the first hole, I found I had tossed into number 3's basket. Then I found that baskets 1 and 3 aren't numbered. The course just gets worse from there. Hole 4 was probably the best of the next 5 holes I played and please don't get me started on holes A and B. I lost a disc in the brush coming down the hill on B hole. and when I saw the ascent on hole 12' that's where I stopped and went back to the car.
Cons: Too hilly, too difficult, and too long. (It took me 3 hours to play 12 holes). Good course for the pros, but I think the intermediates will have a tough time with this one as well.
Other Thoughts: I have been silent on reviewing most of these Austin courses because of all the unhelpful votes I have been getting on some other courses. If you like your course rugged, tough and almost impossible, then this is your course. As for me, I like Circle C Ranch, Seawright, and Metro. I will stick with them, thank you!