Charlotte, NC
Elon Park - Angry Beaver Share
Uploaded By: DiscChucker Hole #1 (Taken 7/2010)

Do what boss?

1    10/10/2013   10/18/2013
Review By: Rob Martin
Pros: Type of difficulty for some holes were unique such as:
Hole 1 - needed very controlled downhill slope shot.
2 - Blind basket, hyzer over briars, pond and slope away in 2 directions.
3 - Another blind hole, OB behind.
Tight, wooded remainder for most of the remainder of the course.
Cons: If the review is meant to be the *current* condition, this course frustrated the bleep out of me. It is in the middle of a redesin. Some of the new holes will be great, others - at this time - just didn't make sense.
Other Thoughts: In general, I'm not a lengthy essay reviewer. I submit a review primarily to balance a Course Rating if I believe it is skewed high or low to the 95+ courses, 15 states I've played so far. At the time of this review, the course was a 3.83 rating. I was disappointed in it.

Not for beginners

1    6/5/2010   6/5/2010
Review By: lilniners
Pros: The course demands precision rather than a big arm.

There are a good mix of holes that dogleg right and left. The course does not give any one type of disc golfer an advantage.

The paths are marked with blue markers to help you find the next hole.
Cons: Water comes into play on too many holes for me.

The "pond" or big mud puddle on hole #5 can make for a very bad round. Stay against the tree line on the left and away from the hill to the right.

I agree with an earlier reviewer that hole 13 seems to be a transition hole that messes with the flow of the course.

Hole 18 is too long with very little thought put into it. I always feel that the last hole should be the signature hole as it leaves you with the last impression of the course.
Other Thoughts: The course is definitely worth playing if you are in Charlotte. I am an intermediate disc golfer, but the courses I have played in other areas do not compare to the ones in Charlotte.

The beginner course starts on the other side of the parking lot. Do not get mixed up if you have never played tough courses.

PS If anyone finds a yellow Discraft Flash in the mud puddle on hole 5 I would be grateful to have it back.