Mount Dora, FL
Lincoln Ave. Park West Share
Uploaded By: Scott L. Kuhns Hole #7 (Taken 1/2011)

Great Little Course For All Ages and Skills

5+    4/26/2016   4/27/2016
Review By: RoscoDog
Pros: The course is always kept clean, parking is always available, and each visit has always been a pleasurable experience. You can play the nine holes in 12-15 minutes...and it's fun because four of the holes offer "ACE" opportunities. I've met some nice people playing there. I also hear that there's a Wednesday evening competition that draws some really good players. Navigating the tightness of this short course that winds through low hanging oaks, forces you to sharpen your "Finesse Game". We're lucky to have it!
Cons: It would be nice if there were a hole or two that require two long shots for par, but hey, you can't have everything, especially for FREE!!
Other Thoughts: This is a terrific place to bring beginners (kids and older people), as its short length is not too challenging and allows them to focus on their FORM rather than how FAR they can throw / flick it.

Great Little Course

1    2/20/2010   2/24/2010
Review By: jalex787
Pros: This is a great course for a beginner and/or young teens wanting to get into the sport. My 13 year old son and I played here on Saturday and had a great time. He commented on the fact that he liked this course better than some of the courses that we have played in the past. This course is I would say 98% shaded due to the mature Oak trees. There is little to no under brush, so losing a disc is virtually impossible. For those of us that live in Lake County, this course is a welcome addition to our area.
Cons: I only have a few things that I would view as cons. One is that I wish the course layout was bigger, however in the defense of the designer, I think they did a pretty good job with the space that was available. This is only a 9 hole course with holes 1 thru 8 being par 3's and hole 9 a par 4. The tee box for hole 3 is about 15 feet from the road (11th Ave), which isn't a real big deal since 11th Avenue is a residential street with little to no traffic.
Other Thoughts: I think we should all go to the City of Mount Dora's website, look under Parks & Rec and send the Parks & Recs Director an email in support of this course. For you dog lovers, there is a dog park within walking distance from the course (walk east on 11th Ave and it's across from the baseball fields). So husbands bring your wives, wives bring your husbands, grab the kids, your disc's and your dog. Have fun and help support our new course.

Lincoln Avenue Park West

2-4    12/9/2009   12/10/2009
Review By: The Miniac
Pros: Introductory level course located directly across the street from middle school and a few blocks from high school. Easy access to hwy. Flows fairly easily. A few holes offer lefty and righty routes. It is a very nice course for the intended demographic, which is juniors or beginners. But seasoned players should still get plenty of enjoyment out of it as it requires some finesse.
Cons: Very small property to work with. Some fairways may be a bit too close.
Other Thoughts: This course is a "Have Course-Will Travel" rent-a-course project. The course will be in the ground for 6 months. At which time, the park department will decide if they want to get a permanent course or drop it. We would like to encourage everyone to stop by and play it regardless of your skill level. It's a fun track even though it is short. Plays through some beautiful old oaks.