Garberville, CA
Uploaded By: mike shoys Hole #1
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Where's The Course?

1    8/16/2013   8/27/2013
Pros: Seems like it might be a nice park for a course., nice combination of wide open spaces of wooded area. I walked by one friendly cow on the way in looking for course and I met two mountain bikers.

I looked and looked and found traces of a old course. There was a basket next to an old bandstand (?). And another basket under some trees about 200' from the bandstand. Teeing off the bandstand was pretty cool. I finally located what passed as a # 8 tee pad. And as I had totally given up and was walking by to my car, I spotted a basket way back up in the distance.
Cons: What I was able to locate:

One tee pad (# 8)
Three baskets
One old bandstand
Zero signs
One kiosk w/no information
One cow
Two Mountain bikers
Other Thoughts: If there's a course here, I sure as hell couldn't find it. No signs, nothing to help navigate. I'd drive pass this on and head on down the road.

I Did Not Like This Course

1    11/27/2010   11/27/2010
Review By: puckdevil8
Pros: It's in the great wide outdoors of Humboldt County
Cons: EVERYTHING ELSE.
Other Thoughts: Maybe I went at the wrong time altogether. But there was no clear course...I only found 1 teebox and well...it just plain sucked. The best course I've played in Humboldt is on the Cal State Humboldt Campus in the Redwoods.