1 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Fairways were cut nicely. Carpet tee boxes.
Other Thoughts: Thanks for keeping this course in great shape!
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 2 Not
McFarland Disc Golf Course Review, Florence, AL
Pros: Excellent use of small hillocks built originally for a real golf course to provide elevation for many shots. Good use of water hazards without being unreasonably close to the water with one exception. Very well maintained by the city. Holes 1 and 10 are not far from the road so you can choose where to start doubles or other group play more easily.
Cons: No signs installed, so difficult to figure out where all the pads are without a lot of walking around. Difficult to find hole 1 from the road, need a sign at the parking lot. My rating system evaluated the Am tees only, I thought the Pro tees were a bit ridiculous for length, mostly "boomer" shots.
Other Thoughts: (1) Available parking, bathrooms, bridges available over creeks or ditches. Each is worth 8 points. There is one bridge over small ditch, and gravel roads with culverts over small ditches. Parking is good, and there are bathrooms close by. 24 Points
(2) Signs/Navigation - position of next tee, position of basket, distance to hole. Each is worth six points. Sticks with distance to holes present only at tee pads, 6 points.
(3) Distance from hole 1 to parkint lot < 100 yards, hole 18 from parking lot < 100 yards, hole 10 from parking lot < 100 yards. Each is worth 6 points. Holes one, 10, and 18 are all reasonably close to the parking lot, 18 points.
(4) Pads - concrete is worth 18 points, carpet or rubber is worth 9 points. All pads are carpet, 9 points.
(5) Holes where fairway Width >= 30' one point each. All holes have good fairways, 18 points.
(6) Holes < 400, one point each. Three holes are over 400', 15 points.
(7) Pin positions which are not less then 10' from deep water or busy road, one point each. One hole is about 10' from water, with downhill into water, all other holes are good. 17 points
(8) Baskets - Double chains = 1 point for each basket, single chains = 1/2 point for each basket, non-standard baskets = 0 points for each basket. All holes are double chains, 18 points.
Total Score Max =
Divide by 30 to get rating from one to 5.
24 + 6 + 18 + 9 + 18 + 15 + 17 + 18 = 113. 125/30 = 4.1, for a rating of a 4.
2 of 4 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Course is laid out on an existing old ball golf course and the grass is beautiful. All holes have short and long tee's. Course favors big arms from the longs, many opportunity's to air it our or let em roll. Very peaceful, secluded course with several views of the TN river.
Cons: Flooding/Mushy grounds can be an issue after heavy rain. I would like to see a little more variety of shots. No golf carts :(
Other Thoughts: All around a great course that is well manicured and tons of fun to throw your longest drivers over the water. Bathrooms are very close and concessions can be purchased at the entrance to the park. I would definetely make the drive to play this bad boy!
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.