Florence, AL
Hole #9 Pro Tee

Loved it

1    12/19/2012   12/29/2012
Review By: kingje1
Pros: The Water: I have to admit, I love water holes. My heart beats faster, I get a little nervous and I know I have to bring my A-game. Yes there is the chance that you can lose your disc. I threw one right into the middle of a pond after hitting a tree limb and I still loved it. It was a wahoo so a worthy donation to the locals. I played the pro tees which put the water more into play then the am tees. Holes are long and with obstacles. Only a couple holes heavily wooded, everything else just had well placed obstacles. The good thing about the water on this course is that if you don't think you can make it you can adjust your shot, you will just have to throw longer on the up shot.
Cons: Walking from one hole to the next I stepped into some puddles where the water went over my shoe. I couldn't find the pro tee on two of the holes. I wish there were some sign posts. Luckily someone else was playing ahead of me or it would have been hard to find where to go.
Other Thoughts: I drove from Nashville and didn't know what to expect. I have to say that I loved playing this course and next time I have a day off during the week I will drive the 2 hours again as it was well worth it. Once they get some signs going this will be a fantastic course.

Very Nice Course

2-4    6/28/2012   6/29/2012
Review By: crimsonopposum
Pros: Scenic, well-maintained, challenging
Cons: lots of ponds in which to lose an errant disc.
Other Thoughts: I am glad that the city of Florence decided to turn the old McFarland Golf Course into a DiscGolf course. It was a fabulous idea and they are to be commended for it. The course is lovely and very well maintained.