Arlington, TX
TCC Southeast Campus Share
Uploaded By: Donovan   (Taken 5/2010)
Basket

TCC

5+    7/7/2011   7/8/2011
Review By: flapjack
Pros: This is the closest course from my house so I play it a lot! The baskets are harder to score on thus making you a better player at other courses because they are much smaller than a regular basket. Very pretty girls walking the track around the course. This course is pretty fun and laid back, nobody is ever here so it feels like my own private course most the time. There is police there to watch the parking lot thus making the chance of your car getting broken into or stolen much less i would guess. The campus cops are very friendly and laid back, i asked them about parking without a parking sticker and they said I am fine. I am pretty sure they know who I am and my car because I am always out here practicing.
Cons: There is a walking trail that goes though most of the fairways so you have to wait for them to pass a lot. There are soo many chigga burrs here, especially at hole 5! Not getting in the burrs is better than getting a Par! The tees suck, period. The pond smells like a toilet, don't even think about jumping in to get your disc if it goes in there. Did i say cigga burrs? omg they are really really bad.........
Other Thoughts: This course needs concrete tee's and better chains then i would give it a 3.5 score instead of the 2.5 score. If they would mow the burrs down I would give it a score of a 4.

Pleasant surprise!

1    6/10/2010   6/19/2010
Review By: dreadlock86
Pros: Great layout and fun holes! I was surprised how much fun this course was for a community college 9 holer. The holes make good use of the land and there are interesting tee shots on several holes where you have a ceiling or tunnel to hit. Good variety of distances too.
Cons: Tee boxes are dirt/sand, short and a little awkward (especially #8). The baskets are homemade and very unforgiving. The rims are high on the baskets and the chains extend nearly out to the rim.

Walking trail through the course. Most people walking will have no idea what you are doing so use caution around the pedestrians.

Parking is restricted on campus. Park elsewhere or risk it.
Other Thoughts: I didn't expect this course to be as much fun as it is. There are some good obstacles like the pond on 3 and the tree-framed tee shots on 2, 7, 8. A great place to bring beginners since some of the holes are fairly short and there are few places to lose a disc other than the pond.

The tee boxes are okay but #8 in particular needs a little more room. It is short, narrow, and on uneven ground.

Stop for a round here if you happen to be nearby. It's not worth driving any significant distance for but it is worth playing if you're in the area.

**Like this review? Hate it? Message me and let me know why! I want to make them better!**

Good for what it is

5+    6/11/2010   6/2/2010
Review By: mdarket
This review was updated on 9/2/2010
Pros: It's a short course that can be played in 45 minutes. Ace probability is high on most holes. The grounds are very well maintained. It's perfect for practicing mid range and putting. I've been playing here almost every day at sundown.

I've been within inches of ace-ing hole 6 on 3 occasions. It's coming.
Cons: The baskets are not the best. We had a few gimmees bounce of the chains because they are so loose. The baskets also need to be labeled because it's hard to figure out which to throw at (holes 1-5). It's easy to lose discs in the high brush. I've had a few go into there, and when I go in to find them I've come out with burrs all over me. Be careful of walkers/joggers on the paths around the course. They have no idea what we're doing and often walk right into the fairways.
Other Thoughts: I aced #6 on 9.2.10!