Maple Bluff, WI
Johnson Park Share
Uploaded By: puttlikeablowfly Hole #6 (Taken 10/2010)
3 / 181ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Great course for a first timer

1    5/31/2012   6/3/2012
Review By: discdan
Pros: If you have never played disc golf or are just starting this would be a great place to start. There is a good variety of shots and a few holes that make you think about your throws. At the same time the holes are not to long to discourage you if you get excited when you throw 200'
There is also plenty of chances to make up your own holes. I was the only person there when I played and I could have thrown at any tee from anywhere if I wanted.
This course would be a great confidence builder for somebody just starting this sport and a good quiet place to learn the fundamentals.
Cons: If you have played for more than a few months this course will probably bore you. I shot a par with a disc that I had never used before, and it was by no means a all around disc, and I was not putting that much effort in either.
Other Thoughts: The directions around the course are not that great, there was one tee that I could not find although i didn't look to hard.
As I have said it's a great course for a beginner but I wont be returning since it is not challenging enough for me.

A Great Warm Up

2-4    9/17/2011   9/18/2011
Review By: CapnInsanoMJF
This review was updated on 10/12/2011
Pros: Short. Relaxed pace for anyone.
Great for working on your accurate midrange throwing, putting.
Clean and beautiful.
Designed well, it's balanced, 2 righty holes, 2 lefty holes, and 2 straight.
Quiet, not busy at all.
Cons: Tees are dirt, with a wood piece at the end. Stubbed my toe!
Not much else to complain about.
Other Thoughts: This tiny community park was so cute. Great practice place or warm up spot if you're going to Hiestand or Vallarta-Ast.

Great Starter Course

1    6/5/2011   6/6/2011
Review By: caimeg
Pros: Great for Newbies
Great For Kids
Well Maintained
Not very busy
Cons: Short holes
Only 6 holes
Kind of close to road
Other Thoughts: If you are an average player it will not challenge you much but it will be great to show others the game and get them hooked.