Nashville, TN

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Excellent Course

1    8/12/2014   8/13/2014
Review By: DragonJarod
Pros: Good upkeep with benches, tables, garbage cans, and a place to hang your bag at almost any hole. The signs for the holes are good. It's a nice course to practice your accuracy with only a few open holes.
Cons: A smashed in sign and a rotting table, at two different holes. Sometimes, it's confusing where the hole is.

Home Cooking

1    6/18/2014   6/19/2014
Review By: Nashvillian
Pros: This course is my home course i would say I have played it well over 300 times. The varied shots you have to throw make it one of my favorites. There are some wide open holes but its not a straight hang it long types of holes. There is always a tree or 50 trees in the way at some point in the hole.

As a rhbh player at about 350 and rhfh with about 250 -300 range i find uses for almost every shot at my disposal. People complain because it has tight lines in the woods, but that's disc golf to me.

Always alot of people easy to pick up in a group.

Great local group keeps this city course in tip top shape.

FREDDY!!! - local course expert and hacky sack maker :D

Newly installed 3 basket area near 10 for putting.
Cons: Too many people. I don't mind waiting but sometimes there are families that like to stroll through doing cartwheels on hole 2 .

For some players having smokers/drinkers people having a good time bother them, but i say to each their own.
Other Thoughts: I have played about 100 courses and this is in my top 10 for sure. I live close to cedar hill in Nashville and love that course as well, but for me this is the best course in Nashville area with Smyrna and cedar hill 2 or 3 depending on the day.

If you get out early and play on a weekday this course is fun and challenging at the same time.

Heaven at Seven Oaks

1    5/26/2014   5/26/2014
Review By: dad_of_dg_junkies
Pros: Seven Oaks is a nice park in a residential area between I-40 and I-24 in Nashville. The park was pretty easy to find off the interstate.

The very first thing that I noticed when arriving at the disc golf course were the NEON colored Mach baskets. They were in great shape and we didn't have a catching issue the entire round.

There are multiple pin placements on each of the holes and the current pin position is noted on the hole signs.

Most of the signs were in decent shape and did give a pretty accurate description of the hole and terrain.

I was very impressed with the holes themselves. There was a very good mix of distances and variations in uphill and downhill shots. The course also did a very nice job of forcing you to work you disc on a hyzer or anny to get near the basket.

There was a TON of work done by using Timbers and logs to built selves to make it much easier to walk and play this course. The course also used mulch in many places to control the mud and adds to the easy of play on the course.

There are only a couple of easy holes on this course, but it didn't feel like the course was beating you us either. The fun factor of this course was off the charts for me. Our group had and awesome time and we WILL play this course again.

There were benches and tables/spools on most of the holes that can come in handy on busy days.

Holes that stuck out to me....
Hole 5- it was an up and over the hill shot in the 330 ft range thru a tight window. The terrain around the basket sloped off hard from right to left.

Hole 8- played as a hard sweeping turn backhand to a guarded basket. A well thrown disc could make a duece but the line is tight.

Hole 14- There were so many different ways this hole could be set up. We walked all the way back to the tips and decided against it. It was tough enough from the next tee.

Hole 15- Was a nice tight dead straight hole. I really liked the view of this hole from the tee.

I am not being critical by saying this, but the pictures of the course on this site don't do it justice at the present time. The course looks MUCH MUCH better now than in those photos. I was SO impressed by the maint. done on the course.

Cons: If you are a big arm, you will have to wait until hole 18 to air it out some. (better turn it.. but not too much)

The pad are nice size, but I found a couple of them to be a little slick.
Other Thoughts: "If you built it... he will come" !! There is a reason why Seven Oaks is always busy. This is an awesome course to play. You are forced to work the disc both ways and handle elevation changes while playing through some pretty dense woods. Stop and play here... you won't regret it.

1    3/4/2014   3/5/2014
Review By: thrillthrower
Pros: Variety- 1st couple of holes and last finish with big drive potential. In between challenging wood holes complimented by seemingly groomed , even picturesque holes - one hole reminded me of a golf ball course . Left and right shots needed - deuces available if you find the right path to the hole . Risk/ reward potential on several holes makes shot selection fun
Cons: Erosion / drainage may be a consideration in a few spots if wet or has rained Discs may get a rock rub or two on 2 holes. (So throw with precision or use disc u don't love)
Other Thoughts: Flowed nicely- couple of holes with water in play - wonderful course-

First Impresssion

1    2/17/2014   2/17/2014
Review By: Vibramterraius
This review was updated on 8/8/2014
Pros: Being new to the disc golf world my review is focused on offering a review as seen by a beginner players first time on the course.

This course was an excellent experience since there are so many great features.

Course design was well thought out and use of trees and land topology are a great part of playing here. Distances vary and most will make a newer player work to get par. Tees are fine and in great shape the course is well maintained. Trash cans and benches along the course are placed well. Disc selection and throw shaping through multiple flight paths keep things interesting. Once a round is played it is easy to see why so many enjoy this course.
Cons: No course negatives really.
Stray domestic animals have slowed play.
Busy course often have players backed up waiting to tee.
Other Thoughts: By playing this course your skill level will improve making less challenging courses easier to throw.
Seven Oaks is one of the best DGCs in the area and if you really want a good time playing Disc Golf then this course is a must.

Troll's Review

1    10/15/2013   10/17/2013
Review By: Eric troll Biscuits
Pros: 21 holes (3 secret) + an X factor, Wild
Multiple pin placements
Well maintained
Well labeled
Great lay out, neutral, doesn't favor right or left handed people
super good use of the landscape, hills, trees.
Benches and tables on every tee
Lots of privacy
Super awesome doubles league!
There is even a seasonal "disc bum" who dwells around, makes sure no one breaks in your car, and can tell you if they moved the pins.

Cons: nothing major to say....
No "disc fearing" holes
Or water hazards, and O.B.'s...
Other Thoughts: I know that some people(where I live) don't like the reviews I give.... Well, take a trip to Nashville. I compare courses to the whole world, not just my locality. Obviously, with Nashville's 3 to 4 different disc golf clubs, plethora of great courses... Its sad to say but Cincinnati is lacking behind

Loved it!

1    7/6/2013   7/21/2013
Review By: KimD
Pros: Very spread out!
Diverse shots. Long, short, open, trees, etc.
LOTS of shade, great for summer play.
Easy to navigate.
Beautiful
Cons: Call your shots, a few holes start nearly where the last ends and you can't always see the people because of the trees. It's a very popular park, there were tons of people playing when we were there.
Other Thoughts: We were on a road trip from Texas and needed some time out of the car so we found the closest course, it was amazing!

Great course, but too crowded

5+    3/25/2012   1/25/2013
Review By: weatherbill
Pros: great variety of shots. basket locations relocate sometimes which makes it interesting. Landscape is very excellent and well maintained.
Cons: some holes are too long for my liking. I like to have chances at Aces.
Other Thoughts: this course has become too crowded in the last 2 years and can hinder the flow of your game. This use dto be a really nice time for me, but since the local news channel covered this, everyone and their dog has come ou tto this course and I no longer want to visit.

Quintessential Course

5+    1/11/2013   1/11/2013
Review By: WillAnderson
Pros: Well done in the heart of Nashville, 7Oaks provides a great environment for all levels & styles. Elevation changes & tunnel fairways keep everyone honest. The signage is clear, & multiple basket positions keep each hole fresh throughout the year. Bridges across water & drainage ditches are in good shape, and each hole features erosion control (mulch, railroad ties, logs, rocks, etc) that keep its heavily trafficked areas clean & navigable. The holes mix well too, giving up birdies only to great shots on most holes but not punishing the heck out of badly placed drives. Many of the holes are completely mulched on fairways, and even if you land in the rough with a tough out, it isn't so bad to find a line because the roughs aren't thick with brush (mostly.) All around fantastic course. I'd give it a higher rating if it had more character (water holes, hills, or cool rest spots.) The length & design of the course puts it on the same level as the best I've played.
Cons: The traffic can be annoying, but who's in a hurry anyway? I don't mind because I play for exercise & relaxation anyway. Some of the holes lack signage to next tee & cross over other holes, but hey, meet someone new & ask for direction?
Other Thoughts: Feel free to bring the whole family or a dog if you'd prefer. The hills are moderate & every hole gets plenty of attention from the parks system & community. I'd love to have it as a home course!

1    12/13/2012   12/13/2012
Review By: gaerith2
Pros: - Well defined fairways.
- Good mix of hyzer/anhyzer tee shots.
- Next tees easy to find.
- Every shot needed to play it well.
- Mostly secluded.
- Multiple pin locations.
Cons: - Old baskets that have those shallow baskets so puts can fall out easier.
- No real ace runs to speak of.
Other Thoughts: I played this course today and had a blast. If you are a RHBH thrower you better enjoy throwing anhyzers off of the tee like I do because this course has a lot of them. The only courses I have played that I have given a 5 rating are all 3 courses at IDGC, Renny Gold and Idlewild.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8