Nashville, TN

Great course

1    11/28/2008   11/30/2008
Review By: gusc2375
This review was updated on 1/10/2009
Pros: This course was very good. I got there to close to dark to get it all in.Shame on me. I played 1-7 got lost in the dark, found two locals great guys and played 16,17,18 with them. it is a great lay out good mix of woods and open shots with mild elevation changes. I will play again when in Nashville.
Cons: Couldn't tell from sign where pin was located. Hole #6 I couldn't tell where the line was. This may just be me though.
Other Thoughts: The locals that showed me took pride in their course, they were cleaning up trash as they played and gathering cans to recycle. If near Nashville you must play this one. The other course Two Rivers Park is missing 9 baskets they were moved here for the state tourney, the locals said they will be moved back.

Awesome course

2-4    6/5/2008   10/30/2008
Review By: tdortch
Pros: I really enjoyed this course. It has a nice variety of shots, with some chances to rip a drive and some where you must be technical. It wanders in and out of the woods and has multiple pin placements. Several of the holes finish on or near some pretty cool rock formations (nothing huge or waterfall-esque or anything, but neat nonetheless). Nice, scenic course that can kick your butt too!
Cons: The signs are kinda dated and the first time I played this course, I didn't know about the multiple pins and had no idea to look at the sign to figure out which pin was being used (I was fairly new to the game then). The nearby airport, like across the street, is kind of a drag.
Other Thoughts: I would recommend playing this course to anyone passing thru Nashville! There is an "inner course" that starts after hole 6 I think and circles back to 7. Three pretty tough little holes there. Fun though.

Lots Of Hard Work & Engineering Have Gone Into Course!

1    8/13/2008   8/21/2008
Pros: I can't believe the amount of hard work and sweat that has gone into the building and improvements on this course. I have to assume that the disc club has worked countless hours hauling in railroad ties, gravel, bark and other building materials. The result is impressive. I guess much of this has been done dealing with water run-off. My hats are off to the local disc club! The course itself is well marked with 2, 3 or even 4 basket positions on each hole. These A,B,C or D positions are clearly represented by screws with washers on the teepad posts. This was the first course that I had seen this on and I later was to see it used on other Tennessee courses, "Cedar Hill" in Nashville and "The Sinks" in Chattanooga. What a great simple way to show which position the basket is in. Saved me a lot time walking down the fairway and back. The course is mostly wooded and technical. A few holes are in the open park area. It was fairly easy to follow, just a little confusing at times. I think the airport noise added to ambiance of the place. There were many benches to rest on and the course played mostly in the shade. The rough is very forgiving and overall, I think the course is challenging but fair.
Cons: I couldn't find the added three holes, 19-21. # 14 was missing a sign. I guess there's no water to throw over.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed played 7 Cedars early one beautiful, Tennesse morning, peaceful, just me and the noise of the jet engines. This course will challenge, it will frustrate and it will entertain you. And if you see a club member, thank them for me for all their hard work. They've really created something special here.

7 is solid

5+    4/1/2014   7/9/2008
Review By: bjreagh
This review was updated on 4/3/2014
Pros: Fun and challenging course with variety of open and wooded, hyzer and anhyzer, shorter and longer, and a creek. There are no two holes the same. Has additional 3 holes (numbered as I, II, III) inserted in after hole #6 that are optional to play.

This is an older course, but a solid older course. Baskets are older and a little smaller than I prefer, but still in pretty good shape. Fairways and paths to the next hole are well defined. New tee signs have finally replaced the old original signs and the posts reflect the current basket location as many holes have 3-4 possible pin placements.

***Update: Lots of constant maintenance and improvements are constantly being done by the local group. Last time I played was right before a big tournament and they had cleared land and added some new longer and much tougher basket locations and additional pro tees. The original 18 baskets have now been replaced by super sweet highly visible orange powder coat Machs (the ones that used to be at the short-lived Fontanel course).
Cons: Usually crowded regardless of day of the week and time of day. Somewhat hard to navigate at times the first time you play as holes are very close together in spots and the paths intersect. (Just ask somebody if you get confused.) There are several spots where several holes are in view, not good if you don't like to see and hear others while you are playing- can sometimes be annoying and/or intimidating.

The wooded fairways can be a little tight, and there are lots of trees in the fairways, and on most shots it is not a matter of "if" you will hit a tree but "when".
Other Thoughts: Overall, this is one of the better courses in the area, and is definitely one of the most challenging. Again it is usually very crowed at most times, but despite its popularity, I have never seen it get majorly backed up either.

***Update: The local club continues to improve this course and, though I don't see it as a 4.0, it is closely approaching that status- now a 3.75 to me for sure. Be sure to add this to your must play list when visiting Nashville.

Great course and close to home

6/7/2008   6/18/2008
Review By: Iceburger
Pros: Well taken care of, close to my home. A good course for me to get my arm back with. I haven't played in 4 years, and this course has gotten me back into throwing.
Cons: Crowded at times.
Other Thoughts: I really like this course, some tight shots, but enough open ones, that you can crush some good drives. Lot's of people around which can be good if you're looking for someone to shoot a round with, or bad if you're showing someone new how to play.

Decent course

6/5/2008   6/5/2008
Review By: ChrisULM
Pros: Challenging course and mostly shady which is nice during the summer.
Cons: Many of the holes do not have a defined fairways. I love wooded holes, but I absolutely DESPISE holes that are surrounded by trees with no clear path to the basket. There are about 3 holes out there that you pretty much have to throw it and rely on luck which is a bit ridiculous.

Nice wooded course

4/5/2008   5/9/2008
Review By: jgentry
Pros: Very well maintained course. It has a few open holes but is mainly in mature woods. There are 2-5 pin locations for almost every hole and they are changed frequently. This is a challenging course that requires accurate throws. Anything offline is going to get penalized heavily. There are signs marking the pin locations.
Cons: A few of the holes don't really have fairways, #5 comes to mind. You pretty much throw it and hope you get lucky. You can make a bad throw and get a good kick. You can make a good throw and get a bad kick.
Other Thoughts: This course is always in great shape and has lots of challenging holes. The one good thing about the heavily wooded holes that don't have much fairway is that you do have a chance to recover. The woods are mature enoug there isn't a ton of undergrowth that would make you have to pitch out. This is a must play if you are in the nashville area and like wooded courses.

I just don't see the greatness

5+    2/5/2008   3/13/2008
Review By: ZMan44
This review was updated on 1/14/2009
Pros: Above average variety of shots. Well mapped and signed. Course follows a very logical flow. Round is quick and easy to play. Multiple pin locations. One fairway has a nice creek, most of the time dry, running down the right hand side.
Cons: Bums sleeping on course. Have witnessed mulitple "shady-looking transactions". Fun course to play, but I can't say I would feel comfortable playing it by myself.
Other Thoughts: Lots of people in this area rave about 7 Oaks. It is a good course but not a great course. Cedar Hill and Sharp Springs are much better in my opinion. As far as this course goes though, it is definitely above average. And definitely a very good course. When i initially reviewed this course, I had not played as many courses as I have now. I gave it a 3 because I didn't feel it was to the level of Sharp Springs or Cedar Hill. Now that i have played a lot more courses I think it deserves a 3.5.

Enjoyed it

7/10/2007   3/10/2008
Review By: hiswill
Pros: Fun course. You can tell a lot happens here. Worn down paths and several birdie holes as well as a few aceable ones. Still lots of challenge though.
Cons: Get's somewhat confusing in the middle.
Don't think they had scorecards.
Other Thoughts: local disc guru seems to live in the park helped me find a lost disc.

I will be back.

Excellent Course!! Best in Nashville!

1/11/2008   1/11/2008
Review By: ambroze
Pros: Everything mostly! It has multiple pin placements and creates many challenges. I am a bit bias considering this is the course I would call my "home course". Ask anyone in Nashville and they'll pretty much all agree that this is the best course in town (some think it's Cedar Hill). The regulars there are great and take pride in keeping the course looking good and scheduling days dedicated for working on the course. Work hard/play hard!! Also, don't forget to look for the 3 inner holes called the "inner course" inside located just past #6. These 3 holes are very, very challenging, not recommended for beginners.
Cons: I think it's a hard course to play at night but that's about the only negative thing I can think of. That's not really a negative consider it creates a new challenge.
Other Thoughts: Be ready for a sweet wooded course with many challenges ahead. Some holes can be setup in the short pin placements making for some really easy deuces. I've deuced every hole at one time or another except for #18 which is one of the longer ones.