Brentwood, TN
Hole #6 Red Tee

worth the trip

1    8/7/2010   8/9/2010
Review By: thebuckeyeguy
Pros: As you pull up to this course you realize that you are in a nice area of town. Hole 1 is pretty easy to find, and the signs are fantastic on this course. They are simple but informative, and we found more than one pad by seeing the signs hundreds of feet away. One pro that is unique for me is that the sign posts have bolts that tell you which hole location you are shooting to (seems like such a simple task that no course should be without it). The hole set up is unique, with a lot of holes being unlike any I have ever played before (and this was approximately my 70th different course played). The white pads proved to be challenging but not frustrating. There was plenty of open holes, but even though they were open fairways, there would be some gap to hit (I loved hole 16).
Cons: The pars were set to a 1000 rated round, which was awesome to see where you stack up to the average pro round. However, there are certain holes that you have to work hard at to get the three, and it would be nice if you were awarded a birdie-3 for your work instead of a standard par. I don't know if this course is not allowed to have concrete due to regulations, but I am assuming not since they have put so much work into everything else. Those are really my only complaints, and I am being kinda picky on both.
Other Thoughts: Overall, this is a fantastic course. I drove down from Columbus, OH and am very pleased with the courses I played in Nashville. I met up with a buddy from Charlotte, and we played long tees and both had a great round. Personally, unless you are recreational, I advise playing the long tees here, if nothing else because this course is parred at a 1000-rated round, and you can see where you stand as a disc golf player. I would definitely come back to this course if in the area, but at the same time won't be planning another 350 mile trip around it.

Home Course

5+    8/25/2010   8/6/2010
Review By: MonkeyMan
This review was updated on 8/31/2010
Pros: -If you know anything about Middle Tennessee, you know it's hilly. Crockett takes full advantage of this. There are excellent elevation changes that will make your drives look like you threw it behind your back or like they were launched out of a cannon.

-This course utilizes a mixture of wooded and open holes. The open ones really let you test out your drive power while the wooded ones force you to work on your accuracy.

-There is very little congestion with a course as long as Crockett Park.

-Brentwood is a beautiful suburb of Nashville and Crockett Park is set in an excellent part of town. Located directly next to Crockett Elementary, Woodland Middle, and Holy Family Church.

-Pro/Am tees. The Am tees are challenging while the Pro tees are tough. Some will have you looking down the fairway thinking, "There's no way."

-There are signs on each tee box (multiple signs for multiple teeboxes).

-Well groomed grass that looks like it is mowed weekly.

-Baskets are in excellent shape.

-Markers let you know which direction to travel to the next tee box. The course is very long, so make sure to look for these to avoid confusion.

- The use of doglegs with multiple tree hazards make for some very challenging holes.
Cons: -Carpet tee pads are my main complaint. With as many people that play this course you would think they would invest in some concrete.

-There is not a bathroom on the course. But there is an indoor soccer facility nearby that has some inside.

-Some of the pars on the longer holes are almost impossible to achieve. (Hole 9 from the Pro Tees!!).

-There should be some more benches for a rest or while waiting on a group.

-It is VERY easy to loose a disc in some of the wooded areas. Some will have paths to look for frisbees while others will have you climbing trees.
Other Thoughts: This is my home course and actually grew up about a mile away. I play several times a week and have gotten to know the ins and outs of this great course.

Since we play this course multiple times a week we have set up pars that we think are fair according to our amateur skill level. We play from every pro tee and this is what we came up with:

1= 3

Fun day in the heat

2-4    8/16/2010   8/3/2010
Review By: johnnyfoodstamp
This review was updated on 8/18/2010
Pros: Am and Pro tees for every hole. Love playing the Pro tees for a nice challenge and then playing the Am tees afterwards to feel good.
Cons: Lots of thorns. I lost a Teebird off of hole 11 in the brush. I will wear pants next time. A lot of the course plays through some very hot open fields.
Other Thoughts: I will play this course more often now that I know where it is. I thought the lack of concrete tee pads would bother me but my group played through and barely noticed. Not an issue on a dry summer day.

Super challenge from the longs

1    7/31/2010   8/3/2010
Review By: upfromtheashes
Pros: I enjoyed this course quite a bit. It's more open than most, but really makes good use of elevation changes to keep things interesting. There are hardly any flat holes to be found. Nice variety of holes - a few technical and wooded, some big bombers, some tunnel shots, some right, some left. Little bit of everything. The majority of the course was open rolling hills, with little "islands" of trees/bushes/rough scattered about that provided obstacles to throw around/through/over.

Multiple (carpet) teepads on every hole. Signs were good, and unlike most courses with multiple teepads, each pad had it's own sign which was nice. Upkeep on the course was good, grass looks to be mowed pretty regularly.

Hole design was pretty good for the most part, with several memorable holes. 16-18 were fantastic and left me with a great final impression as I left the course.
Cons: Just like every other review, I have to mention the lack of concrete teepads as a negative. The carpet pads were actually better than I expected, the biggest drawback being that they were sometimes lumpy in places, and not always level. It's my understanding that the local club has been trying to get funding and approval for concrete pads for some time now. This is far too good a course to not have concrete.

The only other improvement I'd like to see would be more benches. This course is long and it's hilly. In the hot summer sun you can get zapped pretty quick.
Other Thoughts: We played from the white (long) tees, and let me warn you: these pars are no joke!! I'm personally not in the "everything is par 3" crowd and prefer to measure myself against the "expected" score on a given hole, ie par. I found this tidbit on the course message board: "we set white tee par based on the best whole number for a 1000 rated player." Needless to say, I've never played a course with pars set for 1000 rated players, but it was great fun and brought out the best in me. Examples: hole 5 is 396' out of a low-ceiling tunnel, through another gap, turnover to the right, to a basket that's guarded by little evergreen trees…par 3. Hole 17 is 484' UPHILL to a wooded approach…par 3! Man! Most courses would have these as par 4s and possible even 5s!

There were quite a few other groups playing while we were there, and everyone we saw was throwing from the short tees. Apparently most people consider the longs a little too brutal. Are you man enough?!

Great Fun!

2-4    7/5/2010   7/6/2010
Review By: LMeyers
Pros: well groomed, easy to located tee boxes and baskets, park located in a very nice area of town, hole signs very nice, decent mix of open/woods, long/short holes.
Cons: no concrete tee pads :(
LONG walk back to parking lot from hole 18.
Other Thoughts: wish this were our home course! loved watching the deer "frolicking" on hole 9!!

Grip and Rip

1    4/17/2010   4/24/2010
Review By: AlexAuB
Pros: Extreme variety of holes. Excellent mix of thick woods vs obstacles, technical shots vs bombs.

Well-maintained. Course is in a great area of Nashville and the astounding amount of park acreage used was mowed and kept well.

Multiple tee and basket locations that give holes very different characteristics. Course is challenging from the Am tees and downright hard from the Pros.

The elevated basket adds a novel and very enjoyable element to the game.

Great use of power lines on the holes near the turn - presents a unique look for a DG course.

Course is large enough that it never really gets congested, even with a group on every hole.
Cons: Carpet tees could use some TLC, though they seem to grip well. For a course of this caliber, concrete tee pads seem necessary.

For a course this long, there were surprisingly few benches and trash cans.

A few holes on the back 9 seemed to converge in a confusing and potentially dangerous manner.

It's been mentioned, but the tree next to the pro pad on 8 is an unnecessary and real hazard - one guy in my group smashed his hand on his drive.

Long walk from end of course to parking lot.

Could use a clearer indication of which baskets are in use. Judging by the signs, I threw to a few phantom baskets.
Other Thoughts: This course is LONG. Easily the longest disc golf course I've ever played and comparable to some par 3 ball golf courses. Especially if you're playing in the sun and heat, bring lots of water and sunscreen and give yourself plenty of time to play.

Good but not Great!!!

2-4    3/24/2010   4/14/2010
Review By: whiterj
Pros: Two tee pads per hole.. Located in a very nice park.. Couple of very fun aceable holes.. Some holes that your can really test you distance without suffering bad results.. Not a course to be overlooked.. I plan on playing atleast once a month.
Cons: The carpet tee pads are not in the best shape.. One can get a little confused on next tee if he/she has never played there before. The course could have some really creative holes on the great plot of land it is located..

Crockett Park

2-4    4/14/2010   4/14/2010
Review By: Sheen
Pros: Great open course that really gives you a chance to practice your distance throws. A Decent variety of vegetation throughout the 18 holes and a good variety of shots is necessary to play well here.
Cons: The first few holes are VERY open. The underbrush is thick and the summer and it can be easy to lose a disc. Possibly poison ivy trouble.

Great place to practice those long drives

2-4    1/24/2010   1/26/2010
Review By: Scott P
Pros: Great place to practice some long drives especially on hole 9! There are a few good wooded shots too for accuracy. Hole 6 is easily ace-able as I parked one right by the basket my 4th time ever playing it. The mutiple tees and basket locations are a plus.
Cons: Can be very wet and muddy in spots after heavy rains. Even some of the carpet tees don't hold up well after a heavy rain. Once permanent concrete pads ever get installed and a few extra permanent alt. basket locations, this will be a really great course!!
Other Thoughts: This is diffinately a course worth playing if you live in or around the Brentwood area. There is a really nice local group who plays here most Sundays too who can teach ya a thing or two!

Up, down, and long.

1    12/19/2009   12/22/2009
Review By: lschrock
Pros: Two pads - carpet(marked by signs) per hole, long course requiring a strong drive for all kinds of elevation change. Some holes bring in some woods with really technical lines. Most of the course is open, but you're usually utilizing some tree or patch of trees as an obstacle. Course is really long, so bring some water. There are some really fun holes on this course, including one with a six foot elevated basket. I personally loved hole 18, which, from the pro pad is a huge anhyzer launch over a ridge and downhill to the basket on the right, close to 540 feet, epic shot. Seems to be a well maintained course next to some kind of school. (I'm not sure what kind) There is also a hole you can really crush a disc on a long downhill, and I don't get much of that back in the ol' plains. Course has signs with footage and hole layout, really a good course.
Cons: Tee pads? for a course this nice, there should definitely be some concrete pads laid. I don't recall seeing a bathroom, but there are plenty of woods. I don't think there were any benches, either.
Other Thoughts: I really would rate this course higher, if it weren't for the carpet.