Lebanon, TN
Cedars of Lebanon Share
3 / --   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

1    4/25/1994   4/25/2016
Review By: caveboy
Pros: This course is like the Old Course at St Andrews for a ball golf analogy. Not extremely long. Favors those that can control disc flight, but can be trouble if your throw goes awry.
Cons: The last time I played here in 1994 there had been a half hearted attempt at a new layout. It was very confusing.
Other Thoughts: I began playing disc golf here in the fall of 1979, back when the signs still said "Frisbee Golf". So I have a biased impression of the course. Back then it was a wondrous place. I was very sad to see the state of the course the last time I played there. I hadn't played regularly since 1979 / 1980 until 2013 when a friend I worked with told me I really needed to try this new game called disc golf. Frisbee golf I replied. He got me started playing again. I play a course here in Michigan (The Jungle in Sanford) that reminds me a lot of Cedars, but a good deal longer with a little thinner undergrowth. It is a blast to go out with my son and 6 year old grandson. It makes me feel 19 again.

Diamond in the rough.

5+    11/22/2012   11/22/2012
Review By: discoe
Pros: -Challenging, heavily wooded holes with narrow fairways.
-No hole feels the same. Every hole presents a new challenge.
Cons: -Unforgiving rough.
-No open holes.
-Course navigation is difficult and there is no signage.
Other Thoughts: This course was designed back in the day. There aren't any shots that require a monster drive. However, this course will frustrate anyone with its unforgiving rough and focus on mid-range precision. The course is maintained by a group of loyal disc golfers who do what they can, when they can. The park neglects the course and doesn't even change the trash. Littering is a huge problem out here. This course has the potential to be a "must-play" in the Middle TN area.